Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
My current research interests concern children's palliative care. A particular focus concerns influences and impact of differing models of service and children's hospice development on service delivery.
- Immanuel, A., Hunt, J., McCarthy, H., van Teijlingen, E. and Sheppard, Z.A., 2019. Quality of life in survivors of adult haematological malignancy. European Journal of Cancer Care.
- Squirrell, B. and Hunt, J., 2018. A nursing student's reflective account of decision-making in a school nursing setting. Nursing children and young people, 30 (3), 26-29.
- Smith, S. and Hunt, J., 2018. Acute burns management: placement reflections of a children's nursing student. Nursing children and young people, 30 (2), 21-24.
- Warren, N. and Hunt, J., 2017. Barriers to addressing childhood weight issues in acute care settings and how to overcome them. Nursing children and young people, 29 (5), 18-23.
- Tointon, K. and Hunt, J., 2016. How holistic nursing can enhance the quality of life of children with cystic fibrosis. Nursing children and young people, 28 (8), 22-25.
- Hunt, J., 2015. Employers need to join the 21st century. Nursing children and young people, 27 (6), 15.
- Angell, C., Alexander, J. and Hunt, J.A., 2015. ‘Draw, write and tell’: A literature review and methodological development on the ‘draw and write’ research method. Journal of Early Childhood Research, 13 (1), 17-28.
- Hunt, J., 2015. Factors that affect adolescents' adherence to diabetes treatment. Nursing Children and Young People, 27 (1), 16-21.
- Angell, C., Alexander, J. and Hunt, J., 2015. Draw, write and tell’: A literature review and methodological development on the ‘draw and write’ research method. Journal of Early Childhood Research, 13 (1), 17-28.
- Hunt, J.A. and Hutchings, M., 2014. Innovative group-facilitated peer and educator assessment of nursing students' group presentations. Health Science Journal, 8 (1), 22-31.
- Angell, C., Alexander, J. and Hunt, J.A., 2011. How are babies fed? A pilot study exploring primary school children’s perceptions of infant feeding. Birth, 34, 346-353.
- Hunt, J.A., Swallow, V. and Twycross, A., 2011. A peer-driven community-based supervisory model: development from an evaluation of an ethics workshop for doctoral students undertaking research with children. Studies in Higher Education.
- Angell, C., Alexander, J. and Hunt, J.A., 2010. Researching breastfeeding awareness in primary schools. British Journal of Midwifery, 18, 510-514.
- Hunt, J.A. and Gemmill, K., 2008. Homely Remedy Protocols: A solution to the supply and administration of non-prescription medicinal products and dietary supplements. Primary Health Care, 18, 23-27.
- Harris, R., Kelly, D., Hunt, J.A., Plant, H., Kelley, K., Richardson, A. and Sitzia, J., 2008. Accessing elite nurses for research: reflections on the theoretical and practical issues of telephone interviewing. Journal of Research in Nursing, 13, 236-248.
- Mallik, M. and Hunt, J.A., 2007. Plugging a hole and lightening the burden: A process evaluation of a practice education team. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 16, 1848-1857.
- Wilford, H. and Hunt, J.A., 2003. An overview of sperm cryopreservation services for adolescent cancer patients in the United Kingdom. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 7, 24-32.
- Browne, N., Harris, R., Hunt, J.A., Kelly, D., Kelley, K., Pearce, S., Plant, H., Richardson, A. and Sitzia, J., 2002. An assessment of lead R&D nursing roles in acute trusts and an evaluation of their status within the NHS research agenda. Nursing Times Research, 7, 274-286.
- Hunt, J., 2000. Research: A new era for nursing. Professional Nurse, 15 (4), 231.
- Hunt, J.A. and Whiting, M., 1999. A re-examination of the history of children's community nursing. Paediatric Nursing, 11, 33-36.
- Hunt, J.A., 1999. A specialist nurse: an identified professional role or a personal agenda? Journal of Advanced Nursing, 30, 704-712.
- Hunt, J., 1999. Child Health and Children's Nursing - Current Issues: seeking Research Funds. Professional Care of Mother and Child, 9 (2), 51-53.
- Hunt, J.A., 1998. Empowering health care professionals: a relationship between primary health care teams and paediatric oncology outreach nurse specialists. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 2, 27-33.
- Hinds, P., Drew, D., DeSwarte-Wallis, J., Hunt, J., Gibson, F. and Soanes, L., 1995. Decision Making in Pediatric Oncology - Consensus Statement. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, 15 (3 (Supp1)), 24.
- Hunt, J., 1995. Childhood Leukaemia - Continuing Education. Paediatric Nursing, 7 (6), 29-35.
- Hunt, J., 1994. Nursing Uniform: What nurses in mufti wear. Paediatric Nursing, 6 (6), 16-18.
- Hunt, J., 1993. Quality of the Patient's Life Versus the Quest for Cure. British Journal of Nursing, 2 (16), 819-822.
- Hunt, J.A., 1991. Partnership in care for children at home: the development of the peripatetic nurse specialist. Nursing Standard, Nursing Standard Special Supplement, 18-19.
- Goldman, A., Beardsmore, S. and Hunt, J.A., 1990. Palliative care for children with cancer - home, hospital, or hospice? Archives of Disease in Childhood, 65, 641-643.
- Beardsmore, S. and Hunt, J.A., 1990. Symptom care of the child with cancer. Nursing Times, 86, 72-74.
- Coombes, R.C., Powles, T.J., Muindi, J. and Hunt, J., 1985. Trilostane Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer. Cancer Treatment Reports, 69 (4), 351-354.
- Coombes, R.C., Powles TJ, Buckman, R. and Hunt, J., 1983. Medical Management of Breast Cancer. Symposium of Medical Management of Malignant Disease.
- Morris, A.J.R., O'Sullivan, J.P., Millard, F.J.C. and Hunt, J., 1983. Fibreoptic bronchoscopy as an aid to respiratory symptoms in breast cancer patients. British Journal of Cancer, 48, 731-734.
- Hunt, J.A., 2004. A Specialist Nurse - An Identified Profesional Role or a Personal Agenda? In: Gibson, F., Soanes, L. and Sepion, B., eds. Perspectives in Paediatric Oncology. London: Whurr, 28-45.
- Hunt, J., 2000. Empowerment, partnership and disempowerment - three approaches to relationships between outreach nurses and primary health care teams. In: Muir, J. and Sidey, A., eds. Textbook of Community Children's Nursing. London: Bailliere Tindall.
- Bevan, A., Panjganj, D., Bedells, E., Banks, K., Tointon, K. and Hunt, J., 2016. Towards the evidence base in children’s nursing: student nurse’s experiences of publishing a literature review. In: STTI European Regional Conference June 2016 Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Hunt, J., 2004. Deliberate self-harm and suicide prevention in children and young people: towards defining good practice: a limited review of the literature. Romsey Hampshire: JH Nursing Research.
- Hunt, J.A., Donaldson, N., Tizzard, S. and Rennie, J., 2001. Three venepuncture techniques in babies: a comparative study. London: King's College Hospital NHS Trust.
- Ashley Mitchell. Can we fix it?!’: Understanding the impact of children’s hospices on parental relationships of life limited and threatened children and young people
- Anita Immanuel. A study of quality of life among adult haematological cancer survivors
- Dr Jo Frost. Palliative care for life limited children and young people; bereaved parents’ perceptions of the role of medical care in the development children’s hospice services
Profile of Teaching UG
- Preparation for publication in professional practice
- The Acutely Ill Child
- Long Term Conditions of Childhood
- Underpinning children's and young people's nursing through social sciences
- South Central Childern's Palliative Care Network, Steering group member (2013-)
- Sage Publications, Editorial Board Member (2013-)
- Together for Short Lives/Association for Paedaitric Pallaitive Medicine, Research group core member (2012-)
- Dorest end of life steering group, Steering group member (2009-)
- External examiner CPPD, External examiner. School of Health and Social Care, London South Bank University
- PGCE in education (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- PhD in Sociology (University of Surrey, 1998)
- HEA, Fellow (2012-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member (1978-),