Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Marsh, W., Leamon, J., Robinson, A. and Shawe, J., 2018. LEARNS: A creative approach to analysing and representing narrative data incorporating photo-elicitation techniques. Journal of Research in Nursing.
- Marsh, W., Shaw, J., Robinson, A. and Leamon, J., 2016. Moving pictures: the inclusion of photo-elicitation into a narrative study of mothers’ and midwives’ experiences of babies removed at birth. Evidence Based Midwifery, 14 (2), 44-48.
- Leamon, J., Way, S. and Cro, S., 2014. Embedding the 6Cs into statutory supervision: sharing the experiences. Practicing Midwife, September (9), 1-2.
- Leamon, J., Way, S. and Cro, S., 2014. Supervision of midwives and the 6Cs: exploring how we do what we do. The practising midwife, 17 (8), 41-42.
- Leamon, J. and Ireland, J., 2013. Parting the clouds: a vision of supervision of midwifery. The Practising Midwife, 16 (1), 12-14.
- Leamon, J., 2012. Supervising the reflective practitioner - An essential guide to theory and practice Joyce Scaife Supervising the Reflective Practitioner - An Essential Guide to Theory and Practice Routledge 300pp £20.69 978 0 4154 7958 5 0415479584 [Formula: see text]. Nurs Stand, 26 (23), 31.
- Leamon, J., 2012. I am here: Reflective learning and a poem about a midwife, mother and a baby. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 3 (2), 46-48.
- Leamon, J. and Viccars, A., 2010. An Evaluation of a midwifery service within a Sure Start Children's Centre. Evidence Based Midwifery, 8, 58-64.
- Rawnson, S., Brown, S., Wilkins, C. and Leamon, J., 2009. Student midwives'views of caseloading: the BUMP study. British Journal of Midwifery, 17, 484-489.
- Leamon, J., 2009. Stories: Using a narrative research approach in exploring stories about childbirth. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 19, 169-174.
- Leamon, J., Wilkins, C., Brown, S. and Rawnson, S., 2009. Student Midwives' Views on Story Sharing: the BUMP study. British Journal of Midwifery, 17, 426-431.
- Brown, S., Wilkins, C., Leamon, J. and Rawnson, S., 2008. Student midwives' views of enquiry based learning: the BUMP study. British Journal of Midwifery, 16, 302-305.
- Wilkins, C., Leamon, J., Rawnson, S. and Brown, S., 2008. Student Midwives' Views of Self-Assessment: The BUMP Study. British Journal of Midwifery, 16, 88-93.
- Wilkins, C., Leamon, J., Rawnson, S. and Brown, S., 2008. Student midwives' views of self-assessment. British Journal of Midwifery, 16 (2), 88-93.
- Leamon, J., 2007. Tricia: You are like the moon. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 17, 482.
- Leamon, J., 2004. Making meaning: women’s birth narratives (MIDIRS Comments). MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 14, 458-459.
- Leamon, J., 2004. Sharing stories: what can we learn from such practice? MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 14, 13-16.
- Leamon, J., 1983. Nursing care study: memories of Emily. Nursing Mirror, 156, 50-51.
- Leamon, J., 2014. The 6’Cs and the need for compassionate practice by SoM’s for women and midwives. In: Supervision of Midwives and the 6C's: Exploring how we do what we do. 9 January 2014 Bournemouth University.
- Leamon, J., 2012. Opening Pandoa's Box: Supporting midwives to embrace reflection. In: National Conference for Supervisors of Midwives 31 January 2012 Nottingham.
- Leamon, J., 2008. Reflective Leadership. In: South Central Health Authority. Supervision of Midwives Local Conference 2008 Basingstoke.
- Leamon, J., 2008. A Spoken Play: Helen’s story of giving birth. In: 7th Qualitative Research Conference 8-10 September 2008 Bournemouth University, England.
- Leamon, J. and Viccars, A., 2008. Thinking globally acting locally: Midwives attending to the public health agenda of disadvantaged women. In: International Confederation of Midwives: 28th Triennial Congress 1-5 June 2008 Glasgow, Scotland. International Confederation of Midwives.
- Leamon, J., 2007. Nurturing My Potential. In: Releasing Research – Enterprise Potential: Finale Event 18 July 2007 Bournemouth University, England.
- Leamon, J., 2007. Jen's Story: A refelctive story of my Doctoral Journey. In: Transitions in Family Health and Wellbeing: Contribution of education, practice development and partnership 4 July 2007 Bournemouth University, England.
- Leamon, J., 2002. Stories about childbirth: learning from the discourses. In: 26th International Confederation of Midwives Congress 2002 Vienna, Austria.
- Leamon, J. and Viccars, A., 2007. West Howe Midwifery Evaluation: The WitH ME Study. An evaluation of the impact of midwifery care provided to women and their families within the Sure Start Bournemouth Scheme at the Kinson and West Howe Children's Centre. Poole, England: Bournemouth University.
- Robinson, J. and Leamon, J., 1999. A Documentary Analysis of Nursing Degree Curricula. London: English National Board for Nursing and Midwifery.
- Phillips, T., Bedford, H., Leamon, J. and Schostak, J., 1996. Evaluation of Pre-Registration Undergraduate Degrees in Nursing and Midwifery.. London: English National Board for Nursing and Midwifery.
- Dr. Professional Practice: 2012 Group Supervisor
- Sue Mant. The high risk birth environment as a learning context
- Carolyn Richardson. Stories of Transition: African Caribbean Immigrant Women’s Experiences of Postpartum Care
- Stella Rawnson. Stories:Women's experiences of student midwife caseloading
Profile of Teaching PG
- Degree and Masters level:Preparation for Supervisors of Midwives
Profile of Teaching UG
- Year 3 Teamworking in Projects
- Year 1,2, 3 Practice Portfolio unit
- Practice Assessment and Learning in Midwifery Study (PALMS) (BU Centre for Excellence in Learning, 01 Jul 2015). In Progress
- Team Maternity: Learning and assessment involving technology to enable undergraduates lead safe care in maternity emergencies. (BU CEL, 20 Apr 2015). Completed
- Promoting Dignity through understanding Narratives (Economic Social Research Council, 02 Nov 2013). Awarded
- The power of narrative and stories in enabling learning for professional practice (Higher Education Academy, 16 Apr 2013). Completed
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust, Supervisor of Midwives (2006-)
- Registered Midwife in Midwifery (West Berkshire Health District School of Midwifery, 1983)
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery in Midwifery (Birmingham and Solihull Colleage of Midwifery Education, 1990)
- BEd in Education (University of Hudersfield, 1996)
- Supervision of Midwifery in Supervision of Midwifery (Bournemouth University, 2002)
- PGCE Research Supervision in Research Supervision (Bournemouth University, 2008)
- Educational Doctorate in Education (University of East Angila Norwich., 2002)
- Teaching and Learning Fellowship (BU, 2004)
- Royal College of Midwives, Member,
The data on this page was last updated at 04:08 on March 19, 2018.