- 01202 961789
- jryden at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Community Dev and Health Studies
- Bournemouth House B218, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Mills, A., Ryden, J. and Knight, A., 2020. Juggling to find balance: hearing the voices of undergraduate student nurses. British journal of nursing (Mark Allen Publishing), 29 (15), 897-903.
- Hughes, M., McKay, J., Atkins, P., Warren, A. and Ryden, J., 2017. Chief cook and bottle washer: Life as an older male carer. Journal of Community Nursing, 31 (4), 63-66.
- Ryden, J. and Loewenthal, D., 2001. Psychotherapy for lesbians: the influence of therapist sexuality. Counselling and Psychotherapy Research, 1, 42-52.
- Ryden, J., 2013. Understanding Vulnerability - A nursing and healthcare approach. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Ryden, J. and Willetts, C., 2013. Power, discrimination and oppression. Understanding Vulnerability – A nursing and Healthcare approach. John Wiley and Sons, 28-64.
- Ryden, J., 2013. Processes of oppression. Understanding Vulnerability – A nursing and Healthcare approach.. John Wiley and Sons, 65-90.
- Ryden, J., willetts, C. and Thomas, G., 2013. Working to reduce vulnerability. Understanding Vulnerability – A nursing and Healthcare approach.. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 177-208.
- Mills, A., Ryden, J. and Knight, A., 2020. The Future Nursing Workforce: their health and wellbeing. In: Joining Forces for Wellbeing 25 March 2020 Winchester, UK.
- Scammell, J., Donaldson, I., White, S., Tait, D., Ryden, J., Brown, P. and Stainer, L., 2017. Role of class size on student learning and staff satisfaction: a mixed method study. In: NET2017: Networking for Education in Healthcare 5-6 September 2017 Churchill College, Cambridge.
- Heaslip, V., Cooper, K. and Ryden, J., 2014. Why Understanding the Lived Experience of Vulnerability is Fundamental to Exploring the Value Base of Care. In: NET/NEP 5th International Nurse Education Conference 22-25 June 2014 Noordwijkerhout, Netherlands.
- Ryden, J., 2002. The use of a post-modern feminist methodology to examine the influences of therapist sexuality. In: United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, 1st Research Conference 2002 Surrey, UK.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Humanising Nursing Care, level 5 UG, 250+ students, mass lectures, seminar preparation and delivery, organisation of a workshop day - 6 weeks; 3000 word assessment (essay)
- My Health and Wellbeing - level 4/UG; 250+ students - unit leader, mass lectures, seminar preparation and delivery; 6 weeks; 3000 word assessment (essay)
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing - level 5/UG; 40 students; seminar leader and prepare materials; 5 days; 3000 woird assessment (essay)
- Personal and Professional Development unit - level 4, UG; 40 students; delivery of seminar materials and assessment; 10 weeks, one 4000 word, electronic portfolio assessment
- Developing Knowledge for Practice - Level 5, UG; 2018-2019; 20 students, delivery of materials, reflective sessions; Practice assessment and 1500 word essay
- Health and Society (2013-14) - Level 5, UG; 25 students; Unit leader and seminar leader; 10 weeks; 3 hour exam.,
- Vulnerability Unit (2009-2014) - level 5, UG; 250 students; Unit leader and seminar leader; 3000 word assessment (essay)
- Identifying Knowledge for Practice(2017-19) - level 4, UG; 20 students; seminar leader; 1500 word assessment (essay)
- Wessex Public Health Conference 2020, The future nursing workforce: their health and wellbeing., 25 Mar 2020, St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
- Wessex Public health Conference - making the Case for Investment in Prevention, A local initiative to promote the initiation of health conversation skills in student nurses, 22 Mar 2018, Soutrhampton University
- Population Health and Prevention Conference, Embedding Ever Contact Counts (MECC) within a Nursing UG Programme, 07 Mar 2018, Leeds
- MSc in Psychotherapy as a Means to Health (Surrey University, 1999)
- PGCE in Education of Adults (Surrey University, 1992)
- DNT in District Nurse Tutor (Surrey University, 1992)
- Diploma in District Nursing (Portsmouth Polytechnic, 1988)
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing Studies (South Bank Polytechnic, 1983)
- RGN in Registered General Nurse (St Thomas Hospital, London, 1983)
The data on this page was last updated at 04:24 on November 24, 2020.