Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Josie Tuck is a Senior Lecturer in mental health nursing at Bournemouth University. She is a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMHN) who has worked in a variety of care services including inpatient, community and general practice. Josie qualified as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner in 2019 and is currently training to be a Consultant Nurse with Approved Clinician status. Josie holds active affiliations with the RCN through her role on the Committee for the ACP Forum and the CPD/Conference Committee for the Society of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy UK. Josie is currently enrolled on a PhD programme. Her areas of interest lie in the development of ACP roles and evidence in mental health settings along with building the evidence base to underpin practice. Her doctoral studies are exploring the uptake of the non clinical pillars amongst mental health ACPs using a mixed methods design.
- Brannelly, T., Trenoweth, S. and Tuck, J., 2022. Co-production of digital mental health technologies to support individuals in mental health crisis. Mental Health and Social Inclusion, 26 (4), 330-338.
- Chelvanayagam, S., Tuck, J. and Eales, S., 2020. Recognising anxiety and depression in patients with long-term physical conditions. General Practice Nursing, 6 (3).
- Tuck, J., 2017. A new approach to team clinical supervision on an acute admissions unit. Mental health practice, 20 (5), 24-27.
- Tuck, J., 2022. Overview of the Therapeutic Use of Medicines in Mental Health. In: Trenoweth, S., ed. Understanding Mental Health Practice for Adult Nursing Students. Learning Matters Limited.
- Brannelly, T. and Tuck, J., 2022. Legal and Ethical Frameworks in Mental Health Care. Understanding Mental Health Practice for Adult Nursing Students. Learning Matters Limited.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Managing Mental Health in Non Mental Health Settings (CPD level 6/7)
- Advanced Clinical Practice - Assessment and Critical Reasoning in Mental Health
- Link Practitioner for MH-ACP apprentices
Profile of Teaching UG
- Clinical Pharmacology and Medicines Management
- Nursing Practice Nursing Skills
- Advancing Nursing Practice: Transitioning and Diversification, Advanced to Consultant Practice in Acute Mental Health, 17 Oct 2023, Virtual
- RCN Congress 2023, Fair Pay for Nursing Campaign - Advanced Practice, 15 May 2023, Brighton
- National Advanced Clinical Practice Conference, Improving Integrated Health Care Monitoring for Individuals with Mental Illness in a GP Surgery, 14 Nov 2019, Kia Oval, London
- Mental Health Advanced Practice - a national curriculum, Example of mental health advanced practice in primary and secondary care, 05 Jun 2019, London
- Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Mental Health Law (MPAC) (Exeter University - CEDARS, 2023)
- MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice (ANP) (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- MSc in Non Medical Prescribing (2017)
- BSc (Hons) in Clinical Nursing - Mental Health (Bournemouth University, 2006)
- Royal College of Nursing, Member (2022-2025), https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-involved/forums/advanced-nurse-practitioner-forum
- Advance HE, Fellow (2021-),
- Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy UK, Member (2019-),
- Nursing Midwifery Council, Member (2006-),
- Royal College Nursing, Member (2003-),