Dr Kenneth Kang
- kkang at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Post Doctoral Researcher In Public International Law
- Weymouth House W401, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Kenneth Kang is a Post-Doctoral Researcher in Public International Law at the Humanities and Law Department, Bournemouth University. His research revolves around one key question: how does society evolve to guarantee the continuance and acceptance of communication? Drawing upon the strategies of modern information theory, structuralism and evolutionary theory, his research aspires to restore the lost link between theory and practice, in particular to the fields of international law, environmental governance and risk management.
He is the Senior Editor of the Bournemouth University Law Review, the module leader of ‘Principles of International Law, International Organisations and the World Trade Organisation’, and he has published widely in journals such as Water International, Systems Research and Behavioural Sciences, International Journal of Law in Context, and Law and Critique.
Previously, Kenneth was a PHD researcher at Xiamen University (China), the China International Water Law Research Group, and he was also a Post-Doctoral Researcher at the Utrecht Centre for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law (UCWOSL), Utrecht University.
- Kang, K., 2020. Reformulating ‘Holism' in hydropower decision-making. Systems Research and Behavioral Science, 37 (2), 360-368.
- Stafford, R., Ginige, T., Kang, K., Shiel, C. et al., 2020. Evaluating effective solutions to environmental breakdown. One Earth.
- Kang, K., 2019. On the problem of the justification of river rights. Water International, 44 (6-7), 667-683.
- Kang, K., 2018. Making paradoxes invisible: international law as an autopoietic system. International Journal of Law in Context, 14 (3).
- Kang, K., 2018. Making Use of Paradoxes: Law, Transboundary Hydropower Dams and Beyond the Technical. Law and Critique, 29 (1), 107-128.
- Wouters, P. and Kang, K., 2013. Water Rights and Social Justice in the Mekong Region. Mountain Research and Development, 33 (1), 116-117.
Profile of Teaching PG
- LLM, Principles of International Law, International Organisations and the World Trade Organisation
- Higher Education Fellowship, Associate (2020-),