Maheshan De Silva Kanakaratne
- 012029 65047
- mdesilvakanakaratne at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer
- Dorset House D162, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Maheshan De Silva Kanakaratne is a Lecturer in Marketing at The Business School, Bournemouth University. Maheshan’s main research interest is in the area of grocery retail customer loyalty. His PhD research focused on the impact of national culture and industry structure on customer loyalty in the context of grocery retailing. His other research interests focus on ethical food consumption and related research outputs have been published in the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. Maheshan is currently working on research projects focusing on subscription services, showrooming and fashion advertising. His other research focusing on developing market driven AI Chabot solutions has received significant external funding. Prior to joining academia, Maheshan held several marketing and sales roles at Unilever, 3M and Dilmah.
- De Silva Kanakaratne, M., Bray, J. and Robson, J., 2020. The influence of national culture and industry structure on grocery retail customer loyalty. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 54.
- Birch, D., Memery, J. and De Silva Kanakaratne, M., 2018. The mindful consumer: Balancing egoistic and altruistic motivations to purchase local food. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 40, 221-228.
- Kanakaratne, M.D.S., Bray, J. and Robson, J., 2019. The Impact of National Culture and Industry Structure on Grocery Retail Customer Loyalty: A Comparative Study of the United Kingdom and Sri Lanka. In: Recent Advances in Retailing and Consumer Science Conference 8-11 July 2019 Tallinn Estonia.
- Kanakaratne, M.D.S., Bray, J. and Robson, J., 2018. Exploring The Influence Of National Culture And Industry Structure On Grocery Retail Customer Loyalty. In: Colloquium on European Research in Retailing 11-13 July 2018 University of Surrey.
- Kanakaratne, M.D.S., Bray, J. and McIntyre, C., 2016. The Impact of cultural and structural differences on grocery retail consumer loyalty and their implications on grocery retail loyalty programme design: A cross-cultural study of the United Kingdom and Sri Lanka. In: Bournemouth University Annual Postgraduate Research Conference 9-10 March 2016 Bournemouth University.
- Kanakaratne, M.D.S., Bray, J. and McIntyre, C., 2015. The Impact of cultural and structural differences on grocery retail consumer loyalty and their implications on grocery retail loyalty programme design: A cross-cultural study of the United Kingdom and Sri Lanka. In: 1st Academy of Marketing Consumer Research SIG PhD Colloquium 27 April 2015 University of Chester.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Integrated Marketing Communications
Profile of Teaching UG
- Strategic Marketing Management
- KTP - Actisense (Innovate UK, 01 Jan 2020). Awarded
- PGCE in Education Practice (Advance HE, 2019)
- PhD in Management (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- MA in Strategic Marketing (University of Greenwich, 2014)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (University of Sunderland, 2010)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (The Chartered Institute of Marketing, 2009)