Dr Dawn Morley
- 01202 967250
- morleyd at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Adult Nursing
- Bournemouth House B221, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Dawn Morley (SFHEA) is a principal academic in adult nursing at Bournemouth University and programme lead for the new Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship. Since completing her doctorate in 2015, Dawn has a particular interest in work based learning and all things related to practice pedagogy.
Dawn is the deputy lead for Nurse Leadership & Staff Development; a theme of the Nursing Long-term Health Challenges Research Centre. As part of this role she is a co investigator for a 20K HEE funded research project examining the increased role of advanced clinical practitioners during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Morley, D. and Carmichael, H., 2020. Engagement in socio constructivist online learning to support personalisation and borderless education. Student Engagement in Higher Education Journal, 3 (1), 116-132.
- Morley, D., Bettles, S. and Derham, C., 2019. The exploration of students’ learning gain following immersive simulation – the impact of feedback. Higher Education Pedagogies, 4 (1), 368-384.
- Kinchin, I., Heron, M., Hosein, A., Lygo-Baker, S., Medland, E., Morley, D. and Winstone, N., 2019. Researcher-led academic development. International Journal of Academic Development, 23 (4), 339-354.
- Morley, D., Wilson, K. and McDermott, J., 2017. Changing the practice learning landscape. Nurse Education in Practice, 27, 169-171.
- Morley, D., 2016. Applying Wenger’s communities of practice theory to placement learning. Nurse Education Today, 39, 161-162.
- Morley, D., Alexander, A., Hewitt, J., Pearce, T., Suter, E. and Taylor, C., 2015. Student life - Hit the ground running. Nursing standard (Royal College of Nursing (Great Britain) : 1987), 29 (22), 66.
- Morley, D., 2014. Student life - Keeping in touch while at work. Nursing standard (Royal College of Nursing (Great Britain) : 1987), 28 (37), 66.
- Morley, D.A., 2014. Supporting student nurses in practice with additional online communication tools. Nurse Education in Practice, 14 (1), 69-75.
- Morley, D.A., 2013. Supporting student nurses in practice with additional online communication tools. Nurse Education in Practice.
- Morley, D.A., 2012. Enhancing networking and proactive learning skills in the first year university experience through the use of wikis. Nurse Education Today, 32 (3), 261-266.
- Morley, D., 2011. All in it together. Nursing standard (Royal College of Nursing (Great Britain) : 1987), 25 (43), 61.
- Morley, D.A. and Jamil, M.G., 2020. Applied Pedagogies for Higher Education Real World Learning and Innovation across the Curriculum. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Morley, D.A., 2019. Facilitating Learning in Practice A Research Based Approach to Challenges and Solutions.
- Morley, D.A., 2018. Enhancing Employability in Higher Education through Work Based Learning. Springer.
- Morley, D. and Jamil, M.G., 2020. Real World Learning—Recalibrating the Higher Education Response Towards Application to Lifelong Learning and Diverse Career Paths. Applied Pedagogies for Higher Education. Palgrave Macmillan, 1-17.
- Morley, D., Marchbank, P., Steyger, T., Taylor, L., Diaz, A. and Calleja, P., 2020. Designing and Supporting Extraordinary Work Experience. In: Jamil, M.G., ed. Applied Pedagogies in Higher Education. Palgrave Macmillan, 135-162.
- Archer, M., Morley, D. and Souppez, J.-B., 2020. Real World Learning and Authentic Assessment. In: Jamil, M.G., ed. Applied Pedagogies for Higher Education. Palgrave Macmillan, 323-341.
- Morley, D., 2020. Real World Learning— Researching and Co-constructing Working Definitions for Curriculum Development and Pedagogy. In: Jamil, M.D.G., ed. Applied Pedagogies for Higher Education. Palgrave Macmillan, 395-412.
- Morley, D., Holbery, N. and Mitchell, J., 2019. Expansive Learning. In: Wilson, K., ed. Facilitating learning in practice - – a research based approach to challenges and solutions. Routledge.
- Dibben, L. and Morley, D., 2019. Using the Living CV to help students take ownership of their learning gain. In: Diver, A., ed. Employability via Higher Education: Sustainability as Scholarship. Switzerland: Springer, 441-457.
- Morley, D.A., Diaz, A., Blake, D., Burger, G., Dando, T., Gibbon, S. and Rickard, K., 2018. Student experience of real-time management of peer working groups during field trips. Enhancing Employability in Higher Education through Work Based Learning. 133-150.
- Morley, D., 2018. The “ebb and flow” of student learning on placement. Enhancing employability in higher education through work based learning. Palgrave Macmillan. Palgrave Macmillan, 173-190.