- 01202 965247
- mparsons at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer
- Weymouth House W203, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
In addition to my teaching on Interactive Media Production, I have a continuing involvement in teaching video production, directing, camerawork, lighting, sound and post-production.
My professional and teaching experience has spanned a wide range of topics including; TV Graphics, Animation, Computer Graphics, Music, Video and Audio Production, and Interactive Media Production.
In 1996 I published a series of four VHS training programmes under the series title Successful Video Production. These programmes are used by over 300 Media courses in the UK and are now published internationally. There are currently eight programmes in the series which I have continued to develop.
Within the Media School I have been involved in the following courses: BA Interactive Media Production, BA Script Writing, MA Media Production MA Post Production (Music).
I have been instrumental in helping students to gain successes at international competitions at BEA Las Vegas, SIGGRAPH USA, Europrix Vienna, and BIMA London and have attended conventions and meetings to support this work.
- Parsons, M., 2010. Book Review: Music, Sound, and Multimedia, From the Live to the Virtual. The Soundtrack, 3 (1), 71-76.
- MPhil in Electronics (Leicester University, 1973)
- BSc (Hons) in Electronics (Leicester University, 1969)
- British Interactive Media Association, Member,
- Performing Rights Society, Member,