- 01202 965657
- nolanw at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Academic) Broadcasting and Digital Creative Industries
- Weymouth House W203, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
In 2006 I was invited back to the Coláiste Dhúlaigh Dublin to "teach". I had graduated from their Communications and Media course in 2003 having taken full advantage of the equipment, opportunities and expertise of the staff to kick start a career in Production and Broadcast Playout . I would never have guessed the journey, being a student and educator at that brilliant college, would send me on. A journey I continue, and am proud to share with my students, today.
I have worked on everything from Children's Television, to Factual, Fiction and Live Theatre AV. (Most paid hours being on camera and edit... man I miss FCP Studio 7!). I also have seven years Broadcast Playout experience to Senior level for clients including Disney, ESPN, Sony and Setanta Sports.
For better or worse media is everywhere. For me, being involved with media and media education means living at a crossroads where technology meets creativity and potential. That's why I love it. That's why I am still involved and that's what I want to share and explore with people anywhere... Once my Doctorate is complete I fully aim to get back to production projects. (If you have any ideas for collaboration give me a shout on firstname.lastname@example.org).more
I am currently in the data analysis and write up stage of the EdD Creative and Media through CEMP at Bournemouth University.
I am exploring the experiences of first generation students in media education through pattern matching collected data to Mezirow's (1978) Perspective Transformation theories. The data was collected as moving images.
If you have an interest in Transformative Learning , Widening Participation and course design give me a holler on email@example.com for chats and banter.
- Media Education Summit 2015, PonderLogic and how I arrived at :Craft Enhanced Research" and "Craft Informed Teaching", 20 Sep 2015, Boston
- PGCE in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education (Southampton Solent University, 2015)
- MA in Documentary Practice (University of Ulster, 2010)
- BA (Hons) in Digital Media (University of Wolverhampton, 2004)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),
- Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA), Member (2016-),