- 01202 965030
- nstewart at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Research Skills And Development Officer
- Dorset House DG02, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Natalie Stewart is the Doctoral College Research Skills & Development Officer at Bournemouth University and Chairs the Postgraduate Researcher Development Steering Group. Natalie designs, operationalises, and evaluates the university wide Researcher Development Programme for all research degree students. This programme of research and professional development opportunities includes workshops, webinars, e-learning resources, an annual conference, virtual poster showcase and live research exhibition. Further to this, she leads and facilitates the introductory days for new postgraduate researchers as well as re-orientation events for current students.
Natalie works collaboratively with various university departments and committees to raise the profile and awareness of the distinctive needs of postgraduate researchers to promote a personalised student experience. This also includes working closely with the Student Union (SUBU) to enhance the representation of postgraduate researchers within SUBU and at BU through the PGR Department Rep system...
Natalie started her PhD within the BU Business School (Department of Marketing, Strategy & Innovation) in September 2020 exploring ways to encourage a positive and cohesive research culture for postgraduate researchers across disciplines. Supervisors: Dr Martyn Polkinghorne & Dr Camila Devis-Rozental.more
- Stewart, N., Taylor, J. and Knight, F., 2020. Preparing for the next phase: Transitional support for postgraduate research students [online]. In: UK Council for Graduate Education Annual Conference 29 June-3 July 2020 Online.
- Stewart, N., Cutler, C., Knight, F. and Taylor, J., 2018. The challenges of developing and supporting a strong research community and culture in a postgraduate research context. In: UK Council for Graduate Education Annual Conference 2-3 July 2018 Bristol.
- Stewart, N., Polkinghorne, M. and Devis-Rozental, C., 2021. Identifying Factors Influencing Higher Education Research Culture: An Embodied Relational Understanding Approach To PhD Supervision. In: Fusion Learning Conference 2021.
- Stewart, N., Polkinghorne, M. and Devis-Rozental, C., 2020. Promoting a positive and cohesive research culture for postgraduate researchers. In: Bournemouth University 12th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference.
- Member, University Research Degrees Committee
- Member, Research concordat steering group (2020-Present)
- Member, Research data management steering group (2017-2018)
- Member, Sustainability academic network (2020-Present)
- Member, Extra & co-curricular working group (2019-Present)
- Member, Student induction & transitions working group (2019-Present)
- Member, Clinical governance working group (2018-Present)
- Member, Research ethics panel: social science & humanities (2017-2019)
- Member, Research ethics panel: science, technology & health (2017-Present)
- Member, University research ethics committee (2017-Present)
- Chair, Postgraduate researcher development steering group (2019-Present)
- Adult Mental Health First Aid
- Fitness Instructing (Gym)
- Fellow in Higher Education Academy (AdvanceHE, 2019)
- PGCert in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- MSc in Clinical Exercise Science (University of Portsmouth, 2014)
- BSc (Hons) in Exercise & Sport Sciences (University of Exeter, 2013)
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/natalie-stewart-6720b185/
- Twitter, @NatStewartBU