Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Oluwatoyin is a Demonstrator in Computing. He received his bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering at the University of Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria in 2003 and his MSc. in Advanced Computing with distinction at Bournemouth University in 2007. Prior to studying at Bournemouth University, he worked as a Solutions Developer at Infographics Nigeria Limited from 2002 - 2003, Maintenance Engineer at Katsina Steel Rolling Company, Nigeria from 2004 - 2005, Systems Administrator/Web Developer at Cybertechnologies Nigeria from 2005-2006.
He joined Bournemouth University in 2008 as a Research Fellow in Computing where he worked as a developer on the VIDE project, a project supported by the European Commission within the Sixth Framework Programme.
His doctoral research focusses on semantic service specification for process oriented applications. Other research interest includes business process management, service oriented architecture, web services and the semantic web.
Oluwatoyin's PhD research is in the area of service oriented architecture and business process management.
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is business process management’s enabling infrastructure. SOA does indeed turn our IT systems into foundational building blocks, but a service is too small a unit for building intra-organization Business Process Management (BPM) systems. Service-oriented BPM applications between organizations and more flexible BPM applications are less explored. A key issue of service-oriented BPM is how to weave pre-existing Web services together into useful new business applications.
The research has the ultimate goal of automating a service oriented business process. The research will seek to provide answer to the question of semantic specifications for annotating business process management systems and these specifications will facilitate the verification of the executability of the process model.
The research will further look into: Business Process Modelling techniques Petri Nets, Event-driven Process Chains, Yet Another Workflow Language (YAWL), Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) Semantically annotated business process management systems in industry
- Rostami, Shahin, Shenfield, A., Sigurnjak, S. and Fakorede, O., 2015. Evaluation of Mental Workload and Familiarity in Human Computer Interaction with Integrated Development Environments using Single-Channel EEG. In: Psychology of Programming Interest Group 2015 - 26th Annual Workshop, 2015 15-17 July 2015 Bournemouth.
- Fakorede, O., 2010. Making the Extra-ordinary ordinary. In: Times of India Event 10 February 2010 Chennai, India.
Profile of Teaching PG
- IT Advanced Development (2010 - 2012)
- Business Systems Design 2012
- IT Applications Development 2008 - 2011
Profile of Teaching UG
- Web Programming - Top-up CIT 2009/10
- System Design Level I
- System Analysis and Design
- User Centered Web Development (2013 - Present)
- Making the Extra-ordinary ordinary at the Times of India, Chennai India 2010
- Model Driven Architecture, Hindustan University, Chennai India 2010
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- KTP involvement with Morning Data 2009
- KTP involvement with Hark Solutions 2009
- Academic visit with BU's Marketing and Communications to Nigeria - July 2010
- Academic visit with BU's Marketing and Communications to Nigeria - July 2009
- Academic visit with BU's Marketing and Communications to India - February 2010