Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Paul is a Demonstrator in Computing at Bournemouth University. As a former web developer, he specialises in teaching web technologies. His research centres on improving undergraduate education by investigating innovative pedagogies, modern technology, and teaching practice and methods that enhance student engagement and student outcomes. His work has involved studying best educational practices and methods, experimenting with innovative teaching methods and Technology Enhanced Learning, and using work-related learning activities for real-world relevance to explore ways to enhance learning and student engagement.
Paul is a member of our Computing in Education Research Group (CERG) http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/cerg which he proposed/founded and chaired for its first 2 years.
- Albinson, P., 2016. Enhancing Programming Lectures Using Interactive Web-Based Lecture Slides. In: Church, L., ed. 27th Annual Workshop of the Psychology of Programming Interest Group - PPIG 2016 7-10 September 2016 Cambridge, UK.
- Albinson, P., 2016. Exploring Student Engagement and Disengagement in University Education, Can Vocational Activities/Practice-Based Learning Help? In: The 21st Annual INSPIRE (International conference for Process Improvement, Research and Education) Conference 22 March 2016 Bournemouth, UK. London: BCS.
- Albinson, P., 2013. A review into the factors affecting declines in undergraduate Computer Science enrolments and approaches for solving this problem. In: Davies, P., ed. Inspire DEC Student Conference 2013 31 May 2013 Bournemouth University, Poole. Poole, England: Bournemouth University, 1-9.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Web Programming, Web Technology Integration, User-Centred Web Development, Data and Databases, Systems Analysis and Design
- MSc in Enterprise Information Systems (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- BSc (Hons) in Computing and Internet Technology (Bournemouth University, 2007)
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2016)