Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am currently a postgraduate researcher at the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences working on topic quality of care of maternal and neonatal health services in Nepal. My supervisors are Edwin van Teijlingen, Catherine Angell and Padam Simkhada.
- Mahato, P.K., Mahato, P.K., van Teijlingen, E., van Teijlingen, E. et al., 2018. Qualitative evaluation of mental health training of auxiliary nurse midwives in rural Nepal. Nurse Education Today, 66, 44-50.
- Mahato, P.K., Waithaka, E., van Teijlingen, E., Pant, P.R. and Biswas, A., 2018. Social autopsy: a potential health-promotion tool for preventing maternal mortality in low-income countries. WHO South East Asia J Public Health, 7 (1), 24-28.
- van Teijlingen, E., Mahato, P., Simkhada, P. and Angell, C., 2018. Determinants of quality of care and access to Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care facilities and midwife-led facilities in low and middle-income countries: A Systematic Review. Journal of Asian Midwives, 4 (2), 25-61.
- Mahato, P.K., van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, P., Sheppard, Z.A. and Silwal, R.C., 2017. Factors related to choice of place of birth in a district in Nepal. SEXUAL & REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHCARE, 13, 91-96.
- Mahato, P., van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, P. and Angell, C., 2016. Birthing centres in Nepal: Recent developments, obstacles and opportunities. Journal of Asian Midwives, 3 (1), 18-30.
- Regmi, P., van Teijlingen, E., Hundley, V., Simkhada, P., Sharma, S. and Mahato, P., 2016. Sustainable Development Goals: relevance to maternal and child health in Nepal. Health Prospect: Journal of Public Health, 15 (1), 9-10.
- Mahato, P.K. and Paudel, G.S., 2015. Access to free health-care services for the poor in tertiary hospitals of western Nepal: a descriptive study. WHO South East Asia J Public Health, 4 (2), 167-175.
- Mahato, P.K., Regmi, P.R., van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, P., Angell, C. and Sathian, B., 2015. Birthing centre infrastructure in Nepal post 2015 earthquake. NEPAL JOURNAL OF EPIDEMIOLOGY, 5 (4), 518-519.
- Mahato, P.K., Peng, B. and Burgess, T., 2013. Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) services and its role in HIV/AIDS prevention and management in Nepal. South East Asian Journal of Public Health, 3 (1).
- Subedi, S., Mahato, P., Acharya, S. and Kafle, H.P., 2013. Gender roles and practice of decision making on reproductive behaviour among couples of Syangja district Nepal. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2 (3).
- Rijal, K.R., 2013. Prevalence of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in School Children in Pokhara. Nepal Medical College Journal, 10 (3).
- Mahato, P., 2012. Current Tobacco Control Policies in Nepal: Existing gaps and ways forward. Journal of Health and Allied Sciences.
- Amatya, R., Khanal, B., Mahato, P.K. and Shrestha, S., 2011. Aspergillus species in clinical specimen: a seven year prevalence study from eastern Nepal. Nepal Medical College journal : NMCJ, 13 (3), 175-177.
- Rijal, K.R., Dhakal, N., Shah, R.C., Timilsina, S., Mahato, P., Thapa, S. and Ghimire, P., 2009. Antibiotic susceptibility of group A Streptococcus isolated from throat swab culture of school children in Pokhara, Nepal. Nepal Medical College journal : NMCJ, 11 (4), 238-240.
- Nagila, N., Bhatt, M., Paudel, B., Mahato, P., Gurung, D., Prajapati, S., Kumar, A. and Tamrakar, B.K., 2008. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone and its Correlation with Lipid Profile in Obese Nepalese Population. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research.
- Mahato, P., van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, P., Angell, C., Sheppard, Z. and Silwal, R.C., 2017. Factors affecting health facility delivery in rural Nawalparasi district of Nepal. In: BNAC 15th Nepal Study Days 2017 12-13 April 2017 EBC, Bournemouth University.
- Mahato, P., van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, P., Angell, C., Sheppard, Z. and Silwal, R.C., 2017. Factors affecting health facility delivery in rural Nawalparasi, Nepal. In: Transforming Lives & Healthcare through Technology 9-10 January 2017 Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Deemed University, Wardha, Maharashtra, India. S128.
- Mahato, P., 2013. Achievements in health promotion activities in Nepal: Scenario post Ottawa Charter Conference. In: First National Health Promotion Conference 30 March-1 April 2013 Kathmandu.
- Mahato, P., Bi, P. and Burgess, T., 2011. Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) services and its role in HIV/AIDS prevention and management in Nepal. In: 2011 State Population Health Conference, Population Health: Working across sections, settings and ages 29 October 2011 Adelaide, South Australia.
- First national health promotion conference, Achievements in health promotion activities in Nepal: Scenario post Ottawa Charter Conference, 30 Mar 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal
- BEYOND BIRTH COHORTS: from study design to data management, 23 Nov 2016, An International Training School funded by the EU ISCH COST Action IS1405 in Building Intrapartum Research Through Health – an interdisciplinary whole
- Strengthening of Routine Health Information System, 23 Sep 2013
- BSc (Hons) in Medical Laboratory Science (Pokhara University, 2007)
- MSc in Public Health (University of Adelaide, 2011)
- Bournemouth University VC scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- Endeavour Postgraduate Award (Australian Government, 2010)