Dr Rashid Bakirov
- 01202 965298
- rbakirov at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Computing
- Poole House P318, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a Lecturer in Computing and Program Leader of Data Science and Analytics BSc (Hons) at Bournemouth University.
I hold a PhD in machine learning researcher holding from Bournemouth University. My research interests are adaptation, automated machine learning and learning with data streams (particularly video).
I am a member of British Computer Society, International Neural Network Society, and a Fellow of Higher Education Academy.
- Belvedere, M., Bennett, M.R., Marty, D., Budka, M., Reynolds, S.C. and Bakirov, R., 2018. Stat-tracks and mediotypes: Powerful tools for modern ichnology based on 3D models. PeerJ, 2018 (1).
- Bakirov, R., Gabrys, B. and Fay, D., 2018. Generic adaptation strategies for automated machine learning. CoRR, abs/1812.10793.
- Bakirov, R., Gabrys, B. and Fay, D., 2017. Multiple adaptive mechanisms for data-driven soft sensors. Computers and Chemical Engineering, 96, 42-54.
- Budka, D., Bennett, M.R., Budka, M. and Bakirov, R., 2017. COMPARING FOOTWEAR EVIDENCE AND THE POWER OF THE 3RD DIMENSION. FORENSIC SCIENCE INTERNATIONAL, 277, 162-163.
- Budka, D., Budka, M., Bennett, M.R. and Bakirov, R., 2017. CAPTURE AND ANALYSIS OF 3D FOOTWEAR EVIDENCE: NEW HORIZONS AND OPPORTUNITIES. FORENSIC SCIENCE INTERNATIONAL, 277, 172.
- Bakirov, R., Gabrys, B. and Fay, D., 2016. Augmenting adaptation with retrospective model correction for non-stationary regression problems. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 2016-October, 771-779.
- Bakirov, R., Gabrys, B. and Fay, D., 2015. On Sequences of Different Adaptive Mechanisms in Non-Stationary Regression Problems. In: 2015 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks 12-17 July 2015 Killarney, Ireland.
- Schroeder, J.W., Martin-Salvador, M., Bakirov, R. and Straus, U., 2015. Tactile satellite navigation system: Using haptic technology to enhance the sense of orientation and direction. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress, IAC, 5, 3364-3371.
- Bakirov, R. and Gabrys, B., 2013. Investigation of Expert Addition Criteria for Dynamically Changing Online Ensemble Classifiers with Multiple Adaptive Mechanisms. , 646-656 Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Bakirov, R. and Stich, C., 2011. Data mining on the installed base information: Possibilities and implementations. ICAART 2011 - Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence, 1, 649-654.
- ThyroidBuddy: Thyroid titration app (Bournemouth University, 01 Jun 2021). Awarded
- Injury risk and performance: Towards a better understanding of the complexities and intricacies of load monitoring within an elite football club (AFC Bournemouth, 16 Sep 2019). Awarded
- The Beach Bots (Bournemouth University, 01 Jun 2019). Completed
- British Computer Society, Member (2018-),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow,
- International Neural Network Society, Member,