- 01202 965936
- rhindley at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour
- Dorset House D232, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Rebecca Hindley has a passion for enhancing the student experience and facilitating the development of students’ employability. She is a full-time Lecturer in the People and Organisations department within the Faculty of Management, contributing to the department through the management and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate student-centred teaching, the supervision of the department’s Peer Assisted Learning Leaders and her doctoral research into education, students' transition to Higher Education and student scholarship.
Rebecca is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development and a fellow of the Chartered Management Institute. Having previously led HR functions within multi-national corporations, prior to joining BU, Rebecca is able to leverage her extensive professional network for guest speakers and draw upon her depth and breadth of experience to develop materials that improve the students understanding of business in the ‘real world'.
- Hindley, R. and Bobeva, M., 2017. 21st century employability radar: A UK perspective, Global Festival of Learning. In: Global Festival of Learning, China 14-18 May 2017 Beijing Normal University, Zhuhai, China.
Profile of Teaching PG
- MBA - The Future of Work
Profile of Teaching UG
- L4 Developing Management Competencies - Unit Leader
- L6 Strategic Human Resource Management
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- The event is an interactive workshop that will engage participants in developing their personal 21st century employability radar, a practical tool for linking visual skills plotting to professional development planning. The session will comprise of 3 parts: In Part 1 BU students will present a summary of latest studies on employability skills for the 21st century. This will be followed up by an introduction of the Employability Radar (ER), a tool combining a SOAR (Strengths/Opportunities/Aspirations/Results) analysis with personal and professional development planning (PPDP). In the last 30 minutes the participants will be using the ER template provided for developing their own employability radars alongside BU students who have been through the process of using SOAR analysis for PPDP. The session is designed to: - help individuals who are considering a career change or are looking for an employment with developing their positive self-awareness and a SMART plan for attainment of these skills. - Offer a tool for educators, careers and employability professionals involved in supporting learners through the early stages of the recruitment processes. - showcase the skills of our students as researchers and mentors. The work is grounded in Milena’s and Rebecca’s professional and academic experience. It builds on Milena’s research in reverse mentoring and more than 7 years of experience in using the SOAR tool for developing student professional self-awareness, and tests this through Rebecca’s critical filter as an HR professional with more than 20 years’ experience.
- Global Festival of Learning Vietnam, Embedding soft-skills development in the curriculum, 03 Apr 2019, Foreign Trade University, Hanoi
- PGCE in Educational Practice (The Higher Education Academy, 2017)
- Certificate in UK Bridge Programme (Chartered Association of Business Schools & AACSB, 2017)
- PgDip in Personnel and Development (Southampton Solent, 2001)
- Pg Certificate in Personnel and Development (Southampton Solent, 2000)
- BA (Hons) in Leisure Management & Countryside Planning (Bristol University, 1996)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development, Member (2017-),
- The Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2017-),
- CMI, Fellow (2016-), http://www.managers.org.uk/