- 01202 963789
- rjoy at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Fractional Lecturer Practice Skills
- Studland House S411, 12 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3NA
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
As Lecturer Practice Skills, my key responsibilities lie in managing practice skills provision for Bournemouth University nursing students across two sites, over three counties. My objectives are to enhance the pre-registration student nurses experience in a simulated environment, to improve their clinical competence and to improve communication channels across the pre registration nursing programme.
- Bevan, A.L., Joy, R., Keeley, S. and Brown, P., 2015. Learning to nurse: developing knowledge and skills for practice. British Journal of Nursing, 24 (15), 781-785.
- Joy, R. and Nickless, L., 2008. Revolutionising assessment in a clinical skills environment – A global approach: The recorded assessment. Nurse Education in Practice, 8, 352-358.
- Bond, C.S., Lewis, R. and Joy, R., 2009. Nursing Informatics: is IT for All Nurses? In: Saranto, K., Flatley, P., Park, H.A., Tallberg, M. and Ensio, A., eds. Connecting Health and Humans: Proceedings of NI2009, The 10th International Congress on Nursing Informatics. Amsterdam, Netherlands: IOS Press.
- Joy, R., Allen, S. and Scammell, J., 2014. Using Simulation to Underpin a Humanising Care Philosophy. In: 25th International Networking for Education in Healthcare 2-4 September 2014 Churchill College, University of Cambridge. UK.
- Joy, R., Bevan, A., Keeley, S. and Brown, P., 2014. The value of alignment: Integrating anatomy, physiology and prctice simulation into an accredited unit. In: The 25th International Networking for Healthcare Education 2-4 September 2014 Churchill College. University of Cambridge UK.
- Allen, S., Joy, R. and Scammell, J., 2013. Humanising Care Through Simulation. In: The First Phi Mu Conference 24 June 2013 Bournemouth.
- Joy, R., 2013. Supporting Individual Health Needs Through Simulation. In: The First Phi Mu Conference 24 June 2013 Bournemouth.
- Joy, R., 2013. Promoting Leadership Skills Through Simulation. In: The First Phi Mu Conference 24 June 2013 Bournemouth.
- Keeley, S. and Joy, R., 2009. New Approaches to Infection Control: Virtual Gaming. In: RCN Joint Education Forums’ 2nd International Conference and Exhibition: Beyond the borders: innovations for international excellence in nurse education 11-13 June 2009 Glasgow, Scotland. Glasgow, Scotland: Royal College of Nursing/ Partners in Practice.
- Bond, C.S., Lewis, R. and Joy, R., 2009. Nursing Informatics: is IT for all nurses? In: Nursing Informatics - Connecting Health and Humans 28 June 2009 Helsinki, Finland. Helsinki, Finland: Nursing Informatics.
- Nickless, L. and Joy, R., 2008. Embedding Holism in the Clinical Skills Curriculum. In: 2nd International Clinical Skills Conference 4-7 July 2008 Prato, Tuscany, Italy.
- Nickless, L. and Joy, R., 2007. Practice Skills in the Pre-registration Nursing curriculum: bridging the theory-practice gap. In: Nurse Education Tomorrow: Networking for Education in Health Care 4-6 September 2007 University of Cambridge, England.
- Nickless, L. and Joy, R., 2006. Innovative Assessment Strategies within Clinical Simulation Laboratories. In: Nurse Education Tomorrow Annual Participative Conference 5-7 September 2006 Durham, England.
- Newland, B., Joy, R. and Nickless, L., 2008. Effect of CPS on Learning: Case Study 3. Theme: Collaborative Learning in Large Groups. Poole, England: Bournemouth University. Available from: http://bmth.ac.uk/eds/eres/documents/erescasestudy3.pdf.
- Newland, B., Joy, R. and Nickless, L., 2008. Effect of CPS on learning: Case Study 3. Theme: Collaborative learning in large groups. Poole, England: Bournemouth University. Available from: http://bmth.ac.uk/eds/eres/documents/erescasestudy3.pdf.
- MA in Health and Social Care Education (Bournemouth University, 2009)
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing (Bournemouth University, 2004)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member,