Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
As Lecturer Practice Skills, my key responsibilities lie in managing practice skills provision for Bournemouth University nursing students across two sites, over three counties. My objectives are to enhance the pre-registration student nurses experience in a simulated environment, to improve their clinical competence and to improve communication channels across the pre registration nursing programme.
- Bevan, A.L., Joy, R., Keeley, S. and Brown, P., 2015. Learning to nurse: Combining simulation with key theory. British Journal of Nursing, 24 (15), 781-785.
- Joy, R. and Nickless, L., 2008. Revolutionising assessment in a clinical skills environment – A global approach: The recorded assessment. Nurse Education in Practice, 8, 352-358.
- Bond, C.S., Lewis, R. and Joy, R., 2009. Nursing Informatics: is IT for All Nurses? In: Saranto, K., Flatley, P., Park, H.-A., Tallberg, M. and Ensio, A., eds. Connecting Health and Humans: Proceedings of NI2009, The 10th International Congress on Nursing Informatics. Amsterdam, Netherlands: IOS Press.
- Joy, R., Allen, S. and Scammell, J., 2014. Using Simulation to Underpin a Humanising Care Philosophy. In: 25th International Networking for Education in Healthcare 2-4 September 2014 Churchill College, University of Cambridge. UK.
- Joy, R., Bevan, A., Keeley, S. and Brown, P., 2014. The value of alignment: Integrating anatomy, physiology and prctice simulation into an accredited unit. In: The 25th International Networking for Healthcare Education 2-4 September 2014 Churchill College. University of Cambridge UK.
- Joy, R., 2013. Promoting Leadership Skills Through Simulation. In: The First Phi Mu Conference 24 June 2013 Bournemouth.
- Joy, R., 2013. Supporting Individual Health Needs Through Simulation. In: The First Phi Mu Conference 24 June 2013 Bournemouth.
- Joy, R., Allen, S. and Scammell, J., 2013. Humanising Care Through Simulation. In: The First Phi Mu Conference 24 June 2013 Bournemouth.
- Bond, C.S., Lewis, R. and Joy, R., 2009. Nursing Informatics: is IT for all nurses? In: Nursing Informatics - Connecting Health and Humans 28 June 2009 Helsinki, Finland. Helsinki, Finland: Nursing Informatics.
- Keeley, S. and Joy, R., 2009. New Approaches to Infection Control: Virtual Gaming. In: RCN Joint Education Forums’ 2nd International Conference and Exhibition: Beyond the borders: innovations for international excellence in nurse education 11-13 June 2009 Glasgow, Scotland. Glasgow, Scotland: Royal College of Nursing/ Partners in Practice.
- Nickless, L. and Joy, R., 2008. Embedding Holism in the Clinical Skills Curriculum. In: 2nd International Clinical Skills Conference 4-7 July 2008 Prato, Tuscany, Italy.
- Nickless, L. and Joy, R., 2007. Practice Skills in the Pre-registration Nursing curriculum: bridging the theory-practice gap. In: Nurse Education Tomorrow: Networking for Education in Health Care 4-6 September 2007 University of Cambridge, England.
- Nickless, L. and Joy, R., 2006. Innovative Assessment Strategies within Clinical Simulation Laboratories. In: Nurse Education Tomorrow Annual Participative Conference 5-7 September 2006 Durham, England.
- Newland, B., Joy, R. and Nickless, L., 2008. Effect of CPS on learning: Case Study 3. Theme: Collaborative learning in large groups. Poole, England: Bournemouth University. Available from: http://bmth.ac.uk/eds/eres/documents/erescasestudy3.pdf.
- Newland, B., Joy, R. and Nickless, L., 2008. Effect of CPS on Learning: Case Study 3. Theme: Collaborative Learning in Large Groups. Poole, England: Bournemouth University. Available from: http://bmth.ac.uk/eds/eres/documents/erescasestudy3.pdf.
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing (Bournemouth University, 2004)
- MA in Health and Social Care Education (Bournemouth University, 2009)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member,