Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Rendell recently joined the Department as a Lecturer in Exercise Physiology. Prior to this, she was a Senior Research Associate in the Extreme Environments Laboratory at the University of Portsmouth; where she conducted research in the areas of Exercise and Environmental Physiology and Sports Performance for the English Institute of Sport, British Triathlon, GlaxoSmithKline and the Ministry of Defence. Educated at the University of Birmingham (BSc Hons) and King’s College London (MSc), Rebecca completed her PhD at the University of Portsmouth with the English Institute of Sport, entitled: Effect of combined stressors on heat acclimation and temperate exercise.
- Corbett, J., Rendell, R.A., Massey, H.C., Costello, J.T. and Tipton, M.J., 2018. Inter-individual variation in the adaptive response to heat acclimation. Journal of thermal biology.
- Rendell, R., Tipton, M.J. and Corbett, J., 2018. Reply to “Letter to the Editor: ‘Combined effects of hypoxia and heat: importance of hypoxic dose’'. American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 314, R230.
- Costello, J.T., Rendell, R., Furber, M., Massey, H.C., Tipton, M.J., Young, J.S. and Corbett, J., 2018. Effects of acute or chronic heat exposure, exercise and dehydration on plasma cortisol, IL-6 and CRP levels in trained males. Cytokine.
- Rendell, R., Prout, J., Massey, H., Costello, J., Young, J., Tipton, M. and Corbett, J., 2017. The effects of 10 days of separate heat and hypoxic exposure on heat acclimation and temperate exercise performance. American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology.
- Rendell, R., Massey, H., Tipton, M., Young, J. and Corbett, J., 2016. Effect of permissive dehydration on induction and decay of heat acclimation, and temperate exercise performance. Frontiers in Physiology.
- Rendell, R., Corbett, J., Massey, H. and Tipton, M., 2015. Effect of short‐term heat acclimation with permissive dehydration on thermoregulation and temperate exercise performance. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports.
- Corbett, J., Rendell, R., Massey, H. and Tipton, M., 2014. Adaptation to heat and exercise performance under cooler conditions: a new hot topic. Sports medicine.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Research Methods (Sports) (Level 5/Year2)
- Functional Anatomy (Level 4/Year 1)
Exercising in Extremes, Bournemouth University, 15 Mar 2018 more
Cross-faculty invited lecture
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Beat the heat workshop - practical workshop for public engagement in a laboratory setting
- Pint of Science Global Festival - The physiology of living life to the extreme
- English Institute of Sport National Conference, The effect of combined stressors on heat acclimation and temperate exercise, 12 Dec 2016, Hinkley, UK
- 6th International Conference on the Physiology and Pharmacology of Temperature Regulation, Combining heat, dehydration and hypoxia: effects on performance, 05 Dec 2016, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 21st Annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science, The influence of dehydration on the time-course of heat acclimation and temperate exercise performance, 06 Jul 2016, Vienna, Austria
- Biomedical Basis of Elite Performance, The influence of dehydration on long-term heat acclimation and temperate exercise, 06 Mar 2016, Nottingham, UK
- 16th International Conference for Environmental Ergonomics, The influence of short-term heat acclimation with permissive dehydration on temperate exercise performance in highly trained athletes, 28 Jun 2015, Portsmouth, UK
- ISAK Level 1 Anthopometry Course, 09 Jan 2018, International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry
- PhD in Exercise Physiology (University of Portsmouth, 2017)
- MSc in Human and Applied Physiology (King's College London, 2013)
- BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Science (University of Birmingham, 2012)
- Short-course in Nutrition (The Open University, 2008)