- 61647/Lab 62307
- sbahadori at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Orthopaedic Lab Project Manager/Technician
- Executive Business Centre EB607, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Shay Bahadori is the Orthopaedic Research Institute Project Manager at Bournemouth University. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Master’s degree in Bionantechnology and currently working on a PhD thesis titled: The application of wearable technology and Smartphone rehabilitation applications to hip and knee replacement surgery. Shay also has a keen interest in the use of virtual reality (VR) in orthopaedic related surgical simulators and currently working on number of projects to validate some of the best available VR simulators for arthroscopy and total knee replacement surgeries. His other research area includes analysis of lower limb biomechanics using state of the art GRAIL (Gait Real-Time Interactive Laboratory) system in order to establish a database of normal hip and knee joint functions, so it can be used as a reference to identify abnormalities of joint function in people with hip and knee disease.
- Bahadori, S., Immins, T. and Wainwright, T.W., 2018. A review of wearable motion tracking systems used in rehabilitation following hip and knee replacement. JOURNAL OF REHABILITATION AND ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES ENGINEERING, 5.
- Bahadori, S., Wainwright, T.W. and Ahmed, O.H., 2018. Smartphone apps for total hip replacement and total knee replacement surgery patients: a systematic review. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- Bahadori, S., Immins, T. and Wainwright, T.W., 2017. A Novel Approach to Overcome Movement Artifact When Using a Laser Speckle Contrast Imaging System for Alternating Speeds of Blood Microcirculation. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE.
- Bahadori, S., Immins, T. and Wainwright, T.W., 2017. The effect of calf neuromuscular electrical stimulation and intermittent pneumatic compression on thigh microcirculation. Microvascular Research, 111, 37-41.
- Bahadori, S., Davenport, P., Immins, T. and Wainwright, T., 2018. Validation of joint angle measurements: Comparison of a novel low cost marker-less system with an industry standard three-dimensional marker-based system. In: 12th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. 8-12 July 2018 Paris. Elsevier, e439.
- Bahadori, S., Immins, T. and Wainwright, T., 2017. The effect of calf neuromuscular electrical stimulation and intermittent pneumatic compression on thigh microcirculation. In: ISPRM 30 April-4 May 2017 Buenos Aires.
- Bahadori, S., Immins, T. and Wainwright, T., 2018. A review of current wearable technology and innovations for rehabilitation following hip and knee replacement. In: International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ISPRM).
- Bahadori, S., Newman, S., Gulati, V., Wainwright, T., Immins, T. and Middleton, R., 2018. Face And Content Validation Of The Sim-K Haptic-Feedback Enhanced Total Knee Replacement Virtual Reality Simulator. In: 19th EFORT Congress 2018.
- AI & Robotics Sandpit: Medical Assistive Robotic System (MARS) (Bournemouth University, 26 May 2017). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- ORI Seminar: What's different about Parkinson's Disease?
- ORI Seminar: Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Orthopaedics in Action
- ORI Seminar: Female Athletes - When Injury is More than Just an Injury
- Investigating human performance in virtual reality surgery
- CoPMRE CoPMRE Visiting Faculty Day Poster Presentation
- Innovation South Conference, Orthopaedic research Institute Showcase
- ORI Seminar: Robotic Hip Surgery and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery
- Festival of learning, Orthopaedic in Action
- Pint of science: Visualisation of Blood Micro-circulation through Laser Speckle Device
- Patient and Public Engagement Seminar - How can today’s patient help research tackle tomorrow’s health challenges?
- Bournemouth University 2017 Research Photography Competition
- 14:Live presents BU’s World Leading Orthopaedic Research Institute (ORI)
- Orthopaedic research Institute Virtual Reality Surgical Simulator Showcase
- Completing and submitting your IRAS application, 23 Aug 2018
- The Oswestry ORLAU Gait Course, 27 Jun 2018
- An Introduction to Statistical Analysis with SPSS, 23 Apr 2018
- Escape Pain Presentation- Matthew Low, 22 Nov 2017
- Robotic Hip Surgery and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery, 06 Nov 2017
- Robotic Hip Surgery and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery,, 06 Nov 2017
- 3D Matic and Mimic Software Modelling for design of Hip Replacement, 04 Oct 2017
- BTE The Technology of Human Performance - PRIMUS User, 04 Sep 2017
- Emergency first aid at work, 25 May 2017
- Enhance Recovery After Surgery World Congress 2017, 10 May 2017
- BASES Biomechanics and Human Kinetics in 2017, 19 Apr 2017
- Introduction to Risk Assessment, 10 Apr 2017
- Operating Laser Speckle Contrast Imager, 22 Nov 2016
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) in Research: An overview, 03 Aug 2016
- GRAIL operator training with D-Flow, 21 Jul 2016
- Santander Mobility Grant as part of my research into digital health and wearable technologies for improving patient outcomes following total hip/knee replacement. (Santandar, 2018)
- Research Photography Competition 2018 Winner (Bournemouth University, 2018)