Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I qualified as a Physiotherapist at Coventry University in 2000 with a Bsc (Hons) in Physiotherapy and was then employed by Warwickshire NHS Trust as a Junior Physiotherapist where I covered rotations such as women's health and obstetrics, musculoskeletal outpatients, acute respiratory and acted up in a senior II role within neurology. I then pursued an Msc in Manipulative therapy at Coventry university full time and am a member of the MACP. Following on from this, I was employed by the Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch NHS Trust within a static senior II post within musculoskeletal Outpatients. I then worked privately for the Bournemouth Nuffield Hospital and a local private practice before then developing my own Physiotherapy business. I then worked as a civilian Physiotherapist for the Ministry of Defence for 2 years. I have been employed by Bournemouth University as a Physiotherapy lecturer on the undergraduate programme since 2010 and during that time been involved with two curriculum rewrites and have completed a PG cert in Education... I am now also working on a PhD in conjunction with Poole Hospital.more
I am currently working on a Fusion funded project investigating an online package for developing clinical reasoning skills in undergraduate Physiotherapy students.
I am currently working on a research project in conjunction with Poole General NHS Hospital investigating the perceptions of service users with spinal stenosis, this qualitative research will be explored as part of my PhD.
- Williams, J. and Bentman, S., 2017. Corrigendum to “An investigation into the reliability and variability of wobble board performance in a healthy population using the SMARTwobble instrumented wobble board” [Physical Therapy in Sport vol. 15/3 (2014) 143–147]. PHYSICAL THERAPY IN SPORT, 25, 108.
- Williams, J. and Bentman, S., 2014. An investigation into the reliability and variability of wobble board performance in a healthy population using the SMARTwobble instrumented wobble board. Physical Therapy in Sport, 15 (3), 143-147.
- Bentman, S., O'Sullivan, C. and Stokes, M., 2010. Thickness of the middle trapezius muscle measured by rehabilitative ultrasound imaging: description of the technique and reliability study. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging, 30 (6), 426-431.
- O'Sullivan, C., Bentman, S., Bennett, K. and Stokes, M., 2007. Rehabilitative ultrasound imaging of the lower trapezius muscle: technical description and reliability. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther, 37 (10), 620-626.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Portfolio 4
- Skills for Therapy Practice
- PGCE in PostGraduate certificate in Education (Msc) (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- MSc in Manipulative Therapy (Coventry University, 2004)
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (Coventry University, 2000)
- Association of Orthopaedic Chartered Physiotherapists, Member (2012-), http://aocp.csp.org.uk/
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, Member (2000-), http://www.csp.org.uk/
- Health Professions Council, Member (2000-), http://www.hpc-uk.org/
- Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists, Member (2004-), http://www.macpweb.org/home/
- Physiotherapy Pain Association, Member (2012-), http://ppa.csp.org.uk/
- Physiotherapy Research Society, Member (2012-), http://prs.csp.org.uk/