Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Hemingway, A., Carter, S., Callaway, A., Kavanagh, E. and Ellis, S., 2019. An Exploration of the Mechanism of Action of an Equine-Assisted Intervention. Animals, 9 (6).
- Carter, S., Cook, J., Sutton-Boulton, G., Ward, V. and Clarke, S., 2016. Social pedagogy as a model to provide support for siblings of children with intellectual disabilities: A report of the views of the children and young people using a sibling support group. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities, 20 (1), 65-81.
- Carter, S., Cameron, F., Houghton, J. and Walton, M., 2013. Never mind what I like, it's who I am that matters: An investigation into social pedagogy as a method to enhance the involvement of young people with learning disabilities. British Journal of Learning Disabilities, 41 (4), 312-319.
- Carter, S., 2005. Rational, Intelligent Organisation: Neuroscience and the Benefits of Feelings. International Journal of Work Organisation and Emotion, 1, 120-136.
- Carter, S. and Smith Pasqualini, M.C., 2004. Stronger Autonomic Response Accompanies Better Learning: A Test of Damasio's Somatic Marker Hypothesis. Cognition & Emotion, 18, 901-911.
- Carter, S., 2003. The Nature of Feelings and Emotion-Based Learning Within Psychotherapy and Counselling: Neuroscience is Putting the Heart Back into Emotion. European Journal of Psychotherapy Counselling & Health, 6, 225-241.
- McCray, J. and Carter, S., 2002. A Study to Determine the Qualities of a Learning Disability Practitioner. British Journal of Nursing, 11, 1380-1388.
- McCray, J. and Carter, S., 1999. Access unrestricted. Nurs Times, 95 (23), 47-49.
- Carter, S., 2009. Nursing and Multiprofessional Practice in the Acute Sector. In: McCray, J., ed. Nursing and Multi-Professional Practice. London: Sage, 66-80.
- Carter, S. and Green, A.J., 2007. Body Image and Sexuality. In: Hogston, R. and Marjoram, B.A., eds. Foundations of Nursing Practice: Leading the Way. Basingstoke, England: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Carter, S. and Green, A.J., 2002. Body Image and Sexuality. In: Hogston, R. and Simpson, P.M., eds. Foundations of Nursing Practice: Making the Difference. Basingstoke, England: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Carter, S., 2000. Adding "Years to Life", But Adding Life to Years? In: Astor, R. and Jeffereys, K., eds. Positive Initiatives for People with Learning Difficulties: Promoting Healthy Lifestyles. Basingstoke, England: Macmillan.
- Carter, S., 2008. Enhancing the Emotional Experiences of People With Learning Disabilities. In: Emotion Network Conference July 2008 University of Surrey, England.
- Carter, S., 2005. Affective Neuroscience at Work: Organisations and the Embodiment of Emotion. In: 1st Annual International Conference on Working with Emotions: Organisations, Occupations and Self 23 September 2005 Tavistock Centre, London.
- Carter, S., 2005. Emotion and Self-Regulation. In: 14th General Meeting of the European Association of Experimental Social Psychology 19-23 July 2005 Wurzburg, Germany.
- Carter, S., 2005. Testing and Evaluating Damasio’s Somatic Marker Hypothesis as a Model of How Emotion Systems Guide Social Processes. In: 14th General Meeting of the European Association of Experimental Social Psychology 19-23 July 2005 Wurzburg, Germany.
- Carter, S., Smith Pasqualini, M.C. and Panksepp, J., 2004. Measuring the Affective Bases of Personality. In: International Society for Research on Emotions Annual Meeting July 2004 New York, USA.
- Carter, S., 2004. The Authenticity Debate: Emotions are Real. In: Emotional Learning Seminar Series June 2004.
- Carter, S., 2003. Testing Damasio’s Somatic Marker Hypothesis. In: Social Neuroscience of Emotions: Wellcome Workshop June 2003 Centre for the Study of Emotions, University of Portsmouth, England.
- Carter, S., 2002. Stronger Autonomic Response Accompanies Better Learning: A Test of Damasio’s Somatic Marker Hypothesis. In: 30th British Psychophysiological Society’s Annual Scientific Meeting 23-25 October 2002 University of Glasgow, Scotland.
- PhD in The psychophysiology of emotion based learning (University of Portsmouth, 2007)
- PGCE in Education of Adults (University of Surrey, 1990)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow,
The data on this page was last updated at 04:03 on July 22, 2019.