Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Lecturer in Psychology and Cyberpsychology.
My academic background is in psychology.BSc (Hons) in Psychology and MSc Psychology of Education. My PhD research explored morality in video games and virtual worlds. I have research experience working in primary and secondary schools.
I am currently undertaking a PhD investigating morality in video in games and virtual worlds.
- Hodge, S., McAlaney, J., Gatzidis, C., Anderson, E.F., Melacca, D. and Taylor, J., 2018. Applying Psychological Theory to in-game moral behaviors through the development of a purpose-made game. In: Bowman, N.D., ed. Video Games: A Medium That Demands Our Attention. New York and London: Routledge, 108-125.
- McAlaney, J., Benson, V. and Frumkin, L.A., 2018. Preface. xvii-xxiii.
- Taylor, J., Thackray, H., Hodge, S.E. and McAlaney, J., 2018. Introducing psychological concepts and methods to cybersecurity students. Psychological and Behavioral Examinations in Cyber Security. 98-108.
- Taylor, J., McAlaney, J., Hodge, S., Thackray, H., Richardson, C., James, S. and Dale, J., 2017. Teaching psychological principles to cybersecurity students. 1782-1789.
- Hodge, S., Taylor, J. and McAlaney, J., 2017. Restricted Content: Ethical Issues with Researching Minors’ Video Game Habits. In: CHI 6-11 May 2017 Denver.
- Hodge, S., Taylor, J. and McAlaney, J., 2017. Moral development and video game play. In: BPS Annual Conference 2017 3-5 May 2017 Brighton. Leicester: BPS, 48-49.
- Taylor, J., Ollis, G., McAlaney, J., Hodge, S. and Thackray, H., 2017. Observations and reflections on teaching psychological principles and methods to cybersecurity students. In: National Conference for Learning and Teaching in Cyber Security 2017 5-6 April 2017 Liverpool John Moores University. York: HEA.
- Hodge, S., Taylor, J., McAlaney, J. and Gatzidis, C., 2016. Design of a videogame to explore morality.
- Realigning Cyber Security Education, Incorporating Psychology into Cyber Security Education: Key Areas and Pedagogical Approaches, 27 Nov 2017, Canberra