- 01202 961192
- skeeley at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- University Practice Learning Adviser
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I work for Bournemouth University as a University Practice learning Advisor. I cover the Bournemouth, Ferndown, Wimborne and Verwood area. Previously I taught clinical skills for Bournemouth University and my background before that was in community nursing.
I was a lead nurse on the Nurses’ role in interprofessional pharmacotherapeutic care research project. NuPhaC (Nurse and Pharmaceutical Care), an expert consortium of the University of Antwerp and the University of Utrecht, conducted a study on the role of nurses in an interprofessional pharmaceutical care in Europe.
I am a researcher on the research project: A SWOT* analysis on the role of nurses in interprofessional pharmaceutical care in 14 European countries: an interview study Short title: Nurses’ roles in medicines optimisation: an interview study This is an Erasmus collaboration, led by Prof. Tinne Dilles, University of Antwerp. The Wales lead is Prof. Sue Jordan, working with the medicines management research team in Swansea University and Bournemouth University. This study is commissioned by NuPhaC (Nurse and Pharmaceutical Care), an expert consortium with board members in the Universities of Antwerp and Utrecht.
I was a researcher on the Memories of Nursing oral history project.
- De Baetselier, E., Keeley, S. et al., 2021. The nuphac-eu framework for nurses’ role in interprofessional pharmaceutical care: Cross-sectional evaluation in europe. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18 (15).
- de Baetselier, E., Keeley, S. et al., 2021. Perspectives of nurses’ role in interprofessional pharmaceutical care across 14 European countries: A qualitative study in pharmacists, physicians and nurses. PLoS ONE, 16 (5 May).
- Logan, V., Keeley, S., Akerman, K., De Baetselier, E., Dilles, T., Griffin, N., Matthews, L., Van Rompaey, B. and Jordan, S., 2021. Did we do everything we could have? Nurses’ contributions to medicines optimization: A mixed-methods study. Nursing Open, 8 (2), 592-606.
- Keeley, S., Humphries, B. and Smith, S., 2020. Showcasing Collaborative Learning in Practice (CLiP) in a nursing home environment: A pioneering approach that enhances student nurses learning experiences in non-traditional settings. Nursing Times.
- De Baetselier, E., Keeley, S. et al., 2020. EUPRON: nurses' practice in interprofessional pharmaceutical care in Europe. A cross-sectional survey in 17 countries. BMJ Open, 10 (6), e036269.
- Humphries, B., Keeley, S., Stainer, L. and Watson, A., 2020. An alternative placement model for nursing students: Discovering new horizons. British Journal of Health Care Management, 26 (5), 138-143.
- Hirdle, J., Keeley, S., Bareham, S. and Allan, L., 2020. A collaborative learning model for student nurses in child mental health. Nursing Times, 116 (2), 50-52.
- Bevan, A.L., Joy, R., Keeley, S. and Brown, P., 2015. Learning to nurse: Combining simulation with key theory. British Journal of Nursing, 24 (15), 781-785.
- Keeley, S., 2013. Festival of learning showcases the history of nursing. The Bulletin of the united kingdom association for the history of nursing, 52.
- Turner- Wilson, A.L., Keeley, S., Brown, P., Jordan, G. and Wood, C., 2013. Festival of Learning showcases the History of Nursing. The Bulletin of the UK Association for the History of Nursing, 2 (52).
- Keeley, S. and Biley, F., 2012. Principles and Practice of nursing: an oral historyinvestigationof how nurses learnt their clinical skills. The Bulletin of the associtation of the history of nursing, 1 (2), 48-51.
- Keeley, S. and Bareham, S., 2019. collaborative learning in practice in a mental health setting. In: An international academic conference designed to celebrate collaborative learning in practice 8 May 2019 Rockbeare manor, Exeter.
- Keeley, S., 2016. Mentorship Conference: Evidence Based Practice. In: Mentorship Conference: Evidence Based Practice 7 July 2016 Salisbury.
- Keeley, S., 2014. The value of alignment: integrating anatomy physiology and practice simulation into an acredited unit. In: 25th Networking for healthcare education conference 2-4 September 2014 Churchill college, Cambridge.
- Keeley, S., 2013. Keynote 3: The role of simulation in developing healthcare professionals. In: Practice assor conference: the context of practice. 3 July 2013 Bournemouth University.
- Keeley, S., 2013. Workshop 2: Experience the Student Experience: Clinical Simulation. In: Practice assor conference: the context of practice 3 July 2013 Bournemouth University.
- Keeley, S. and Bond,, C.S., 2013. Making the 'patient' real; Evidence based service user involvement in simulation scenarios. In: Presented at the Putting people at the heart of nursing care: leading the way. UK Phi Mu Chapter Inaugural Conference 21 June 2013 Bournemouth.
- Bond, C.S., 2013. Making the 'patient' real; Evidence based service user involvement in simulation scenarios. In: Putting people at the heart of nursing care: leading the way. 21 June 2013 Bournemouth, England..
- Keeley, S., 2013. Principals and practice of nursing: an investigation of how nurses learnt their clinical skills1930-1965 to discover past teaching and learning techniquesthat could impact on current nurse education. In: Festival of learning 3-7 June 2013 Bournmouth university.
- Keeley, S., 2012. Principals and Practice of nursing: An investigation of how nurses learnt their clinical skills 1930-1965 to discover past teaching and learning techniques that could impacton current nurse education. In: European Federation of Nurse educators (fine) with the RCN education forum international conference 2012 3-5 October 2012 Cardiff.
- Keeley, S., 2011. Principals and Practice of nursing: An investigation of how nurses learnt their clinical skills 1930-1965. In: Colloquium in the history of nursing 1 April 2011 Glasgow.
- Keeley, S. and Keeley, S., 2009. New Approaches to infection control: virtual gaming. In: The third international clinical skills conference July 2009 Prato.
- Keeley, S. and Joy, R., 2009. New Approaches to Infection Control: Virtual Gaming. In: RCN Joint Education Forums’ 2nd International Conference and Exhibition: Beyond the borders: innovations for international excellence in nurse education 11-13 June 2009 Glasgow, Scotland. Glasgow, Scotland: Royal College of Nursing/ Partners in Practice.
- Keeley, S., 2008. The use of a computer assisted learning package as a teaching resource. In: NET 2008 conference education in healthcare 2-4 September 2008 Cambridge.
- Keeley, S., 2007. Evaluating and developing computer assisted learning within thepractice skills centre. In: RCN joint educators forum !st international conference. Beyond the Borders: international nursing education in the 21st century 5-7 July 2007 Brighton.
- Keeley, S. and Bareham, S., 2019. Collaborative learning in practice: A coaching based approach for students in clinical practice.
- Keeley, S., 2016. An urgent and emergency responce to placements: A collaboration between South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust and Bournemouth University to provide innovative placements for adult nursing students.
- Sigma Nursing England Phi Mu Chapter Annual Conference 2020, Leadership in practice education: navigating through the Covid 19 corridor, 25 Jun 2020, Bournemouth University online
- NET 2018, University Practice Learning Advisor: The unique role that links the university with practice and supports both students and mentors, 04 Sep 2018, Cambridge
- MA in Health and Social Care Education (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- PGCE in Health and social Care Education (Bournemouth University, 2008)
- BSc (Hons) in Health and Social Care (Bournemouth University, 2005)
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Nursing (Bournemouth University, 2002)
- ENB 298 in Elderly Care (English National Board, 1991)
- Registered General Nurse in Adult Nursing (UKCC, 1989)
- Stakeholder engagement award winner (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- Nursing and midwifery council, Member (1989-),