- 01202 961549
- smant at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Midwifery
- Royal London House R609, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LT
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Susan is an experienced midwife and teacher, and has been teaching on the undergraduate and post-registration programmes for some years. She is currently working towards a PhD and her study, a narrative inquiry, aims to explore the experiences of newly qualified Sign-off Midwife Mentors. This links with her teaching role in post registration education. Other interests involve a Masters study exploring clinicians’ experience of the Zavanelli Manoeuvre and an interest in the management of physiological breech birth and pre-eclampsia.
Research revolves around Sign-off Midwife Mentorship (and the experience of newly qualified sign-off midwife mentors)
- Fry, J., Mant, S., Stosiek, J. and Emberley, S., 2013. Creating a selection process to recruit students with the six Cs. British Journal of Midwifery, 21 (11), 825.
- Fry, J., Mant, S., Stosiek, J. and Emberley, S., 2013. Creating a selection process to recruit students with the six Cs. British Journal of Midwifery, 21 (11), 822.
- Mant, S., 2004. Could Zavanelli have a role to play? Pract Midwife, 7 (3), 38-39.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Overall responsibility for Lead in Midwife Mentorship (Levels I, H & M)
- Post Registration Link Tutor with specific responsibilities for Yeovil and West Dorset (Dorchester)
- Facilitator Learning & Assessing in the Practice Enviroment (interprofessional unit at C, H & M)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Unit Lead - Introduction to Professional Practice (Level C)
- Unit Lead - Antenatal and Postnatal Care of Mother and Baby ( Level C)
- Supervisor of Midwives, Supervisor of Midwives. Poole NHS Hospital Foundation Trust
- Supervisor of Midwives, Supervisor of Midwives. Bournemouth NHS Foundation Trust
- Post graduate Diploma in Health & Social Care Education (2006)
- MA in Midwifery Practice (2005)
- BSc (Hons) in Midwifery (2002)
- Supervisor of Midwives in SOM (2000)
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery (1994)
- State Certified Midwife in Midwifery (1981)
- Registered General Nurse in Nursing (1977)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Registered Midwife (1981-),
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics, Member,
- Royal College of Midwives, Member,