Dr Sevil Yesiloglu
- 01202 962407
- syesiloglu at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Academic) in Corporate & Marketing Communications
- Christchurch House C205, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Sevil is a Lecturer (Academic) in Digital Communication Marketing at Faculty of Media and Communications. She is Associate Fellow of HEA and Programme Leader BA (Hons) Marketing Communications with Digital Media. Moreover, she is leader of Professional Practice at Corporate Marketing Communication Department within the FMC.
She previously taught following units: Marketing and Strategy (MA students), Fundamentals of Marketing (Level 4), Applied PR campaigns (Level4), Digital Marketing: engage with the consumer (at University of Southampton); Marketing in the Digital Age (at University of Southampton).
Dr. Yesiloglu is currently teaching and leading the following modules: Digital Communication (Level 5 students); Digital Marketing (accredited by CIM); Digital Insights (MA students), Advertising Innovation & Enterprise (Level 6 students); Digital Essentials (Level 4 students).
Her recent professional practice projects have covered social media mentoring (as part of the Grads for Growth EU-funded scheme) and development on literature review of attention and magazine ads (worked with members of PCCC: Dr... Janice-Denegri Knott, Dr. Rebecca Jenkins, Stuart Armon and Dr. Sae Oshima).
Dr. Yesiloglu has gained her PhD with thesis titled: ‘To post or not to post: Examining motivations of brand/product-related posts on Social Networking Sites’. Now, she continues to work on digital marketing communications related research fields including social media, digital consumption, copyright issues on social media, influencer marketing.more
- Bosher, H. and Yesiloglu, S., 2018. An analysis of the fundamental tensions between copyright and social media: The legal implications of sharing images on Instagram. International Review of Law, Computers & Technology, 32.
- Yesiloglu, S., 2017. Examining user typology and consumption- focused eWOM motivations. In: Academy of Marketing 4 July-7 April 2016 Northhumbria University.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Marketing and Strategy (MSc)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Digital Communication and Strategies
- Applied Marketing Communications Campaign
- Advertising Innovation and Enterprise
- Fundamental of Marketing
- Digital (Interactive) Marketing
- Applied Public Relations Campaign
- Digital Marketing (Accredited by CIM)
- Teach Marketing in the Digital Age and Digital Marketing: Engaging with the Customer units at University of Southampton (2015-2016)
- Keynote speech: Consumer psychology on social networking sites at Greenwood Campbell in 2016
Global Business Opportunities, Bristol Business School, 10 Jun 2017 more
Guest Lecture: How to use social media for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Academy of Marketing, Reviewer (2018-)
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Guest Talk on Motivations of Consumers for Brand-related Engagement
- Guest Lecture: Digital Marketing Tools, Bournemouth University International College
- Festival of Learning: Digital Planet and its people
- Been involved student recruitment process in Turkey.
- Academy of Marketing, Motives of consumer brand-related engagegement on Social Networking Sites, 01 Jul 2018, University of Stirling
- Social Media Mentor, Mentoring. Tastetech
- Social Media Mentor, Mentoring social media managers at SMEs. TasteTech Ltd
- PGCE in Associate Fellow in HEA (2016)
- Vice Chancellor PhD Scholarship (2014)
- (MSc.) Marketing with Management (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Member (2018-),
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), Member,
- Promotional Cultures and communications, Member, http://promotionalculturescommunication.org/