- 01202 961121
- tbennett at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Sports Therapy
- Royal London House R604, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LT
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Tom is employed at BU as a academic (lecturer) in Sports Therapy on the BSc Sports Therapy programme. He also fulfils the role of Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) lead within the faculty.
Prior to joining BU in the summer of 2017, he held the posts of Programme Director and Senior Lecturer. within HE. As an allied health professional he has 14 years experience working with both professional and amateur athletes across a range of sports and clinical settings. More recently he has added coaching to his resume working with British Triathlon and Triathlon England amassing over 25 professional podium results and coaching winners of Ironman UK and Ironman Wales. His research interests include Super Elite athletes pathways, Training Load Monitoring and Hamstring Injuries.
PhD Candidate - Using Repertory Grids to Explore the Transition of Elite Athletes into Secondary Careers and the Quality of the Adaptation to Post-Sport Life?
"What is the minimum dose-response for high-intensity plyometrics for academy rugby union players" Conference Proceeding - Bennett,T & Harris-Wright, J, Sport Kongress 2020
- Marjon University, Exernal Examiner - MSc Sport Rehabilitation (2017-2021)
- MSc in Sports and Exercise Medicine (Nottingham University, 2006)
- BSc (Hons) in Sport Rehabiltation with Sport Science (St Marys College (University of Surrey), 2003)
- Senior Fellow (Higher Education Academy (HEA))
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES), Professional Membership, https://www.bases.org.uk/index.html
- British Association of Sports Rehabiltators and Trainers (BASRaT), Member,