Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Xin Lu joined BU in 2021 as Senior lecturer in Computer Science. Prior to this, he was a lecturer at Coventry University. Xin received his BSc degree in Electronic science and technology at Beijing Institute of Technology. He received his MSc degree in Electronic, Electrical and System Engineering and PhD degree in Computer Science at Loughborough University.
Xin has more than 10-year’s research experience in designing Big data analytics and deep learning enabled IoTs for both Smart factory and Smart home applications. His current research areas are within Big Data analysis and Deep Learning for Smart Systems in the areas of Intelligent Manufacturing, Digital Healthcare, and Smart City, Intelligent Edge/Fog enabled IoTs for Smart systems and human-robot collaboration for Intelligent manufacturing and digital Health.
- Zhang, X., Wang, S., Li, W. and Lu, X., 2021. Heterogeneous sensors-based feature optimisation and deep learning for tool wear prediction. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 114 (9-10), 2651-2675.
- Zhang, X., Lu, X., Li, W. and Wang, S., 2021. Prediction of the remaining useful life of cutting tool using the Hurst exponent and CNN-LSTM. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 112 (7-8), 2277-2299.
- Moreira, L.C., Li, W.D., Lu, X. and Fitzpatrick, M.E., 2019. Energy-Efficient machining process analysis and optimisation based on BS EN24T alloy steel as case studies. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 58, 1-12.
- Liang, Y.C., Wang, S., Li, W.D. and Lu, X., 2019. Data-Driven Anomaly Diagnosis for Machining Processes. Engineering, 5 (4), 646-652.
- Liang, Y.C., Li, W.D., Lu, X. and Wang, S., 2019. Fog computing and convolutional neural network enabled prognosis for machining process optimization. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 52, 32-42.
- Moreira, L.C., Li, W.D., Lu, X. and Fitzpatrick, M.E., 2019. Supervision controller for real-time surface quality assurance in CNC machining using artificial intelligence. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 127, 158-168.
- Liang, Y.C., Lu, X., Li, W.D. and Wang, S., 2018. Cyber Physical System and Big Data enabled energy efficient machining optimisation. Journal of Cleaner Production, 187, 46-62.
- Cai, X.T., Wang, S., Lu, X. and Li, W.D., 2017. An encryption approach for product assembly models. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 33, 374-387.
- Cai, X.T., Wang, S., Lu, X., Li, W.D. and Liang, Y.W., 2017. Parametric and adaptive encryption of feature-based computer-aided design models for cloud-based collaboration. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, 24 (2), 129-142.
- Wang, S., Lu, X., Li, X.X. and Li, W.D., 2015. A systematic approach of process planning and scheduling optimization for sustainable machining. Journal of Cleaner Production, 87 (1), 914-929.
- Gill, K., Yang, S.-H., Yao, F. and Lu, X., 2009. A ZigBee-Based Home Automation System. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, 55 (2), 422-430.
- Liang, Y., Li, W., Lu, X. and Wang, S., 2021. Fog Computing and Convolutional Neural Network Enabled Prognosis for Machining Process Optimization. Data Driven Smart Manufacturing Technologies and Applications. Springer Nature.
- Liang, Y., Li, W., Wang, S. and Lu, X., 2021. Adaptive Diagnostics on Machining Processes Enabled by Transfer Learning. Data Driven Smart Manufacturing Technologies and Applications. Springer Nature.
- Zhang, X., Lu, X., Li, W. and Wang, S., 2021. CNN-LSTM Enabled Prediction of Remaining Useful Life of Cutting Tool. Data Driven Smart Manufacturing Technologies and Applications. Springer Nature.
- Wang, S., Lu, X., Li, X.X. and Li, W.D., 2018. A systematic approach of process planning and scheduling optimization for sustainable machining. Sustainable Manufacturing and Remanufacturing Management: Process Planning, Optimization and Applications. 67-98.
- Liang, Y.C., Lu, X., Wang, S. and Li, W.D., 2018. Cyber-physical system and big data-enabled scheduling optimization for sustainable machining. Sustainable Manufacturing and Remanufacturing Management: Process Planning, Optimization and Applications. 129-164.
- Moreira, L.C., Li, W.D., Lu, X. and Fitzpatrick, M.E., 2018. Sustainable machining process: Qualitative analysis and energy efficiency optimization. Sustainable Manufacturing and Remanufacturing Management: Process Planning, Optimization and Applications. 165-189.
- cai, X., Wang, S., Lu, X. and Li, W., 2017. Customized Encryption of CAD Models for Cloud-Enabled Collaborative Product Development. Cybersecurity for Industry 4.0 Analysis for Design and Manufacturing. Springer.
- Xu, L., de Vrieze, P., Lu, X. and Wang, W., 2022. Digital Twins Approach for Sustainable Industry. , 126-134.
- Zhang, X.Y., Lu, X., Wang, S., Wang, W. and Li, W.D., 2018. A multi-sensor based online tool condition monitoring system for milling process. Procedia CIRP, 72, 1136-1141.
- Moreira, L.C., Li, W., Fitzpatrick, M.E., Lu, X. and Li, X., 2018. Research on energy consumption and energy efficiency of machine tools: A comprehensive survey. International Journal of Nanomanufacturing, 14 (2), 140-164.
- Moreira, L.C., Lu, X., Fitzpatrick, M.E., Li, W. and Booth, G., 2017. Supervision control for quality assurance in milling processes. Proceedings of International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, CIE.
- Cai, X.T., Wang, S., Lu, X. and Li, W.D., 2016. Parametric Encryption of CAD models in Cloud manufacturing environment. Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE 20th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2016, 551-556.
- Wang, S., Lu, X. and Li, W., 2016. Sustainable process planning for customized production optimization. Advances in Transdisciplinary Engineering, 3, 387-392.
- Lu, X., Wang, S., Li, W., Jiang, P. and Zhang, C., 2015. Development of a WSN based real time energy monitoring platform for industrial applications. Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE 19th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2015, 337-342.
- Chen, H., Fei, X., Wang, S., Lu, X., Jin, G., Li, W. and Wu, X., 2015. Energy Consumption Data Based Machine Anomaly Detection. Proceedings - 2014 2nd International Conference on Advanced Cloud and Big Data, CBD 2014, 136-142.
- Jin, G.Q., Li, W.D., Wang, S. and Lu, X., 2014. Solution space generation for disassembly research on liquid crystal displays televisions. Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE 18th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2014, 35-40.
- Lu, X. and Yang, S.H., 2010. Thermal energy harvesting for WSNs. Conference Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 3045-3052.
- Lu, X. and Yang, S.H., 2009. Solar energy harvesting for zigbee electronics. Sustainability in Energy and Buildings - Proceedings of the International Conference in Sustainability in Energy and Buildings, SEB'09, 19-27.
- Dr. Xiaoyang Zhang
- Dr. Yuchen Liang
- Dr. Lorena Caires Moreira
- Dr. Abdul Hamid
Profile of Teaching PG
- Individual Project
Profile of Teaching UG
- Web Programming
- Advanced development
- Individual Project
Big Data Analytics for Intelligent Manufacturing, Huazhong Agricultural University, China, 01 Dec 2021 more
Big Data Analytics for Intelligent Manufacturing for Huazhong Agricultural University, China
14 Jul 2021 more
Intelligent Edge Enabled Industrial IoT system development for South University of Science and Technology of China
School for Higher and Professional Education, Hongkong, 16 Sep 2020 more
I gave a seminar to School for Higher and Professional Education, Hongkong, on the topic of "Big data Analytics for smart factory"
Intelligent IoTs for Smart factory application, Wuhan, China, 15 Nov 2019 more
I have been invited to give an lecture on titled "Intelligent IoTs for Smart factory application " for Wuhan University of Technology
- Human-Robot Collaboration Based on Synergy Effect of AI and Human Factor (BU Industrial match Funding, 01 Sep 2022). Awarded
- Developing Sustainable and resilience Intelligent supply chain (BU industrial Match Funding project, 01 Sep 2022). Awarded
- Synergy of artificial intelligence and human factors for human-robotic collaboration in intelligent manufacturing (Trailblazers: The EarlyCareer Researcher and Doctoral Studentship Partnering Schem e, 01 Sep 2021). Awarded
- SustAinable BiOdegradable Tooling SABOT (Innovate UK, 01 Dec 2017). Completed
- Computational Cloud Services and Workflows for Agile Engineering (European Commission, 01 Mar 2016). Completed
- EU FP7 Sustainable Manufacturing Adaptive Services with Cloud Architectures for Enterprises ( (European Commission, 01 Jan 2014). Completed
- Collaborative and Adaptive Process Planning for Sustainable Manufacturing Environments (European Commission, 01 Dec 2012). Completed
- Customised Advisory Services for Energy-efficient Manufacturing Systems (European Commission, 01 Mar 2012). Completed
- 18th IEEE International Conference on E-Business Engineering, Organising Chair
- 5th International Conference on Computing and Big data, Steering Committee Chair
- Faculty Partnership Coordinator, Faculty Science & Technology
- Department PGR excellent lead, Department of Computing And Informatics
- PGCE in Academic Practice in Higher Education (Coventry University, 2021)
- PGCE in PGCE (2021)
- PhD in Computer Science (Loughborough University, 2012)
- MSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Loughborough University, 2005)
- BSc (Hons) in Electronic Science and Technology (Beijing Institute of Technology, 2004)
- IEEE, Member,