Dr Xin Lu
- xlu at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Computer Science
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Xin Lu joined BU in 2021 as Senior lecturer in Computer Science. Prior to this, he was a lecturer at Coventry University. Xin received his BSc degree in Electronic science and technology at Beijing Institute of Technology. He received his MSc degree in Electronic, Electrical and System Engineering and PhD degree in Computer Science at Loughborough University.
Xin has more than 10-year’s research experience in designing Big data analytics and deep learning enabled IoTs for both Smart factory and Smart home applications. His current research areas are within Big Data analysis and Deep Learning for Intelligent Manufacturing, Intelligent Edge/Fog enabled IoTs for Smart Factories and Smart Homes and human-robot collaboration.
- Zhang, X., Wang, S., Li, W. and Lu, X., 2021. Heterogeneous sensors-based feature optimisation and deep learning for tool wear prediction. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 114 (9-10), 2651-2675.
- Zhang, X., Lu, X., Li, W. and Wang, S., 2021. Prediction of the remaining useful life of cutting tool using the Hurst exponent and CNN-LSTM. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 112 (7-8), 2277-2299.
- Moreira, L.C., Li, W.D., Lu, X. and Fitzpatrick, M.E., 2019. Energy-Efficient machining process analysis and optimisation based on BS EN24T alloy steel as case studies. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 58, 1-12.
- Moreira, L.C., Li, W.D., Lu, X. and Fitzpatrick, M.E., 2019. Supervision controller for real-time surface quality assurance in CNC machining using artificial intelligence. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 127, 158-168.
- Liang, Y.C., Lu, X., Li, W.D. and Wang, S., 2018. Cyber Physical System and Big Data enabled energy efficient machining optimisation. Journal of Cleaner Production, 187, 46-62.
- Cai, X.T., Wang, S., Lu, X. and Li, W.D., 2017. An encryption approach for product assembly models. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 33, 374-387.
- Cai, X.T., Wang, S., Lu, X., Li, W.D. and Liang, Y.W., 2017. Parametric and adaptive encryption of feature-based computer-aided design models for cloud-based collaboration. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, 24 (2), 129-142.
- Wang, S., Lu, X., Li, X.X. and Li, W.D., 2015. A systematic approach of process planning and scheduling optimization for sustainable machining. Journal of Cleaner Production, 87 (1), 914-929.
- Zhang, X.Y., Lu, X., Wang, S., Wang, W. and Li, W.D., 2018. A multi-sensor based online tool condition monitoring system for milling process. Procedia CIRP, 72, 1136-1141.
- Moreira, L.C., Li, W., Fitzpatrick, M.E., Lu, X. and Li, X., 2018. Research on energy consumption and energy efficiency of machine tools: A comprehensive survey. International Journal of Nanomanufacturing, 14 (2), 140-164.
- Moreira, L.C., Lu, X., Fitzpatrick, M.E., Li, W. and Booth, G., 2017. Supervision control for quality assurance in milling processes. Proceedings of International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, CIE.
- Cai, X.T., Wang, S., Lu, X. and Li, W.D., 2016. Parametric Encryption of CAD models in Cloud manufacturing environment. Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE 20th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2016, 551-556.
- Wang, S., Lu, X. and Li, W., 2016. Sustainable process planning for customized production optimization. Advances in Transdisciplinary Engineering, 3, 387-392.
- Lu, X., Wang, S., Li, W., Jiang, P. and Zhang, C., 2015. Development of a WSN based real time energy monitoring platform for industrial applications. Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE 19th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2015, 337-342.
- Chen, H., Fei, X., Wang, S., Lu, X., Jin, G., Li, W. and Wu, X., 2015. Energy Consumption Data Based Machine Anomaly Detection. Proceedings - 2014 2nd International Conference on Advanced Cloud and Big Data, CBD 2014, 136-142.
- Jin, G.Q., Li, W.D., Wang, S. and Lu, X., 2014. Solution space generation for disassembly research on liquid crystal displays televisions. Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE 18th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2014, 35-40.
- Lu, X. and Yang, S.H., 2010. Thermal energy harvesting for WSNs. Conference Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 3045-3052.
- Lu, X. and Yang, S.H., 2009. Solar energy harvesting for zigbee electronics. Sustainability in Energy and Buildings - Proceedings of the International Conference in Sustainability in Energy and Buildings, SEB'09, 19-27.