Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I started my career as a general nurse before moving into mental health nursing, where I worked firstly in acute admissions and then in an adult community mental health team for 15 years. During this time I also undertook my degree in health care and specialist courses in psychodynamic and cognitive analytic therapies.
In 2002 I joined Bournemouth University as a Practice Educator and am currently seconded into a teaching role in the mental health team. At the moment I am studying for a PhD looking at the lived experiences of adults who grew up with parents who were suffering from serious mental illness.
Profile of Teaching UG
- I teach on 'Acute Mental Health' and 'Mental Health and Wellbeing in Later Life'
- PhD in mental health (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- PGCE in PGCE (Bournemouth University, 2006)
- Registered Mental Nurse (RMN) in Nursing (Oxford Mental Health Care Trust, 1998)
- BA (Hons) in Community Mental Health Care (Oxford Brookes University, 1995)
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) in Nursing (East Surrey Area Health Authority, 1983)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Registered Nurse - Adult and Mental Health (1983-),