Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Nicola "Nick” Coppola is currently a part time lecturer in Law at Bournemouth University. He is working on a PhD project relating to the policy developments regarding Geographical Indications in the European Union. Member of the Italian Bar, he has been involved in an official evaluation project regarding the rural development programme of the EU. He is also a contributor to IP/food law journals, and gives talks and invited lectures on GIs to various organizations and HE institutions both in the UK and overseas.
- Coppola, 2014. The CJEU confirms the exclusive character of the EU competence in PDO/PGI schemes. Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, 9 (9), 717-718.
- Coppola, 2014. The Protection Of Geographical Indications Between Domain Names And Free Trade Agreements. Rivista di Diritto Alimentare, 7 (4).
- The EU Agricultural Quality Policy Reform (supervisor: Maurizio Borghi)
Profile of Teaching PG
- LLM Dissertation Supervision_LLM International Commercial Law_Bournemouth University_ 2013-2014
Profile of Teaching UG
- Law of the European Union P/T (2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014)
- Law of the EU_P/T
- “Can GIs be used as a marketing tool?” - BU MA Media and Communication
- GIs and Intellectual property_ University of Buckingham LLB + LLM_9 May 2014
- GIs and the WTO_ Bournemouth University LLM_31 Oct 2013
- GIs and the WTO_ Bournemouth University LLM_15 Nov 2012
- GIs protection_Master’s course in Food Law_ University of Alessandria, Italy, 7 June 2013
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- BU Festival of Learning_Talk on legal protection of local food_Bournemouth 9 June 2014
- Speech on GIs and TRIPs_EU Commission Milan, Italy_10 June 2013
- EFLA - European Food Lawyers Association
- The Innovation Society and Intellectual Property - 16th EIPIN, 29 January 2015, Maastricht, The Nederlands
- Avvocato/Lawyer in Law (Italian Law Society, 2005)
- Bar of Avellino, Italy, Member (2005-),