Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Alan graduated from The University of Greenwich with a BSc Hons in Film and Television production (2008 - 2011) before moving on to gain an MA in Directing Digital Film and Television at Bournemouth University. (2011 - 2012).
He worked as a freelance videographer before starting as a PTHP Lecturer in Television Studio Production at The University of Greenwich in 2014 before moving to a full time position as a Demonstrator at BU in 2016.
He completed a PGCert in Education in 2017 and is now working on Research towards his Doctorate in Education, having completed his transfer in September 2019.
He recently presented his work at the Media Education Summit 2023 in Vancouver.
His research is in the area of enhancing television studio education through the use of simulation technology.
This uses Design Based research with a pragmatic outlook to focus on the role of vision mixer and has resulted in the creation of a virtual simulation software, allowing students to practice the role away from the pressures and limitations of the practical Higher Education television studio... The software is designed not to replace the HE television studio, but rather to supplement and enhance the experience.
He is due to submit his thesis in 2023.more
- Media Education Summit 2023, Using Simulation technology to enhance and supplement Television Studio Education - A simulation of a simulation, 02 Mar 2023, Vancouver - Canada
- Transformative Teaching, The Application of Simulation Technology to Higher Education Television Studio Education., 15 Nov 2022, Virtual
- BBC Wood Norton Course in Studio Production.
- BBC Wood Norton Course in Broadcast Post Production
- Advanced training in the ETC Elements Series Console
- Advanced Soundcraft Vi Series Console Use