Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
BIOGRAPHY – Roger Fox F.C.M.A, C.G.M.A
Roger is a Chartered Management Accountant and was elected a Fellow of the institute in 1993.
Beginning his career in Management Accounting, Roger “cut his teeth” in the Midlands heavy engineering industry gaining down to earth costing experience before moving to work as a Corporate Analyst in the City of London.
As a Corporate Analyst with the British American Tobacco Group he was involved in appraising new business developments within the UK. This was at an interesting time when borrowing rates were high and Discounted Cash Flow was a comparatively new technique.
Roger subsequently worked in the oil business ( Gulf Oil ) as a Financial Analyst, where he gained managerial experience in addition to project management and on site audits
In more recent years Roger pursued his career in Financial Services. This began with a position with Crown Life of Canada as Management Accountant and ended with American Life where he was Financial Controller of a company with £1bn of premium income...
For the last 25 years Roger had forsaken his corporate managerial role in favour of building his own accounting and training practice. There were 3 elements to his practice:
1. Contract university lecturing. He has been designing and developing courses, together with delivering weekly lectures to 250 plus business students, for the past 25 years
2. Commercial training. He has been involved with bespoke industrial training for the last 15 years.
3. Accountancy and Consultancy. Roger has a small practice providing complete accountancy solutions to small to medium sized businesses
In June 2017 Roger took on a permanent postion as a lecturer in the Business School at Bournemouth University.more
Profile of Teaching PG
- MSc Corporate Governance (GTA)
Profile of Teaching UG
- BA ( Hons ) Business Studies - Level 4 Accounting & Quantitative Techniques, BA ( Hons) Business Studies - Level 5 Financial and Business Analysis, BA ( Hons ) Events Management - Level 4 Businesas & Finance, BA ( Hons) Events Management - Level 5 Financial Appraisal,
- F.C.M.A in Accountancy (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, 1993)