Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr. Soo Ling Lim is a Research Associate at the University of Bournemouth. Soo Ling is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in UK.
Soo Ling’s research investigates mobile app ecosystems, social networks, and requirements elicitation techniques for large-scale software projects.
Soo Ling received a Ph.D. in large-scale software requirements engineering from the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia in 2011. Before her PhD, she was an ERP analyst programmer and a SAP consultant with the Computer Sciences Corporation. She was also a software engineer at CIC Secure, a Canberra-based company specialising in electronic key management and asset security systems. Soo Ling received a Bachelor of Software Engineering degree with first class honours from the Australian National University in 2005. During her bachelor’s degree, she repaired bicycles, distributed newspapers, and took up various internships.
Soo Ling won various prizes in her career, such as the Ready, Set, Transfer prize from the IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, the Most Valuable Team Member Award from the Computer Sciences Corporation, the Prize for Computer Science from the Australian Computer Society, the Dean’s Prize and the Chancellor’s Letter of Commendation from the Australian National University... She was also awarded the “proof of concept” funding from UCL Business for her PhD work.more
I am currently conducting research to investigate country differences in mobile app usage behavior and the implications for software engineering. For this investigation, I am collecting mobile app usage data from more than 15 countries including USA, China, Japan, Germany, France, Brazil, UK, Italy, Russia, India, Canada, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and South Korea. The results will be used to uncover implications for research in market-driven software engineering, software product lines, and requirements elicitation. This work is funded by and conducted in collaboration with the National Institute of Informatics in Japan, in which I hold the position of a visiting professor.
I am also currently applying StakeSource, the stakeholder analysis tool that I have developed for large-scale software projects, in industrial projects and analysing their outcome. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) in Scotland is considering using StakeSource and my expertise in stakeholder analysis for their upcoming project to update their stakeholder network and database.
I am in the program committee for the prestigious International Requirements Engineering Conference.
- Investigating Country Differences in Mobile App Usage Behavior and the Implications on Software Engineering Research (National Institute of Informatics (NII), 01 Sep 2012). Awarded
- Kazoova Ltd, Director (2013-), http://www.kazoova.com/
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- STEM Ambassador
- Teaching & Learning in Higher Education in Teaching (Institute of Education, University of London, 2012)
- PhD in Computer Science and Engineering (The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 2011)
- Ready, Set, Transfer prize (IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, 2011)
- Computer Sciences Corporation (Most Valuable Team Member Award, 2007)
- Australian Computer Society (Prize for Computer Science, 2005)
- The Australian National University (Dean’s Prize, 2005)
- British Computer Society, Member (2008-),