Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Andrea works as a Lecturer and Student Rep Champion within the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. She is Unit Leader for the Fundamental Communications unit and the Post-Registration research unit, Locating and Evaluating Evidence for Professional Practice.
Andrea’s first degree is in Psychology and her second degree is an MA in Education – Life Long Learning from The Open University. Andrea is also a Chartered Psychologist and a Fellow with the British Psychological Society (BPS). She is also a committee member for the Division of Academics and Researchers of Psychology (BPS).
Andrea is now studying for her doctorate and this focuses on Mental Health Student nurses and their experiences in the first practice placement.
- Lacey, A., 2017. Novice researchers' nightmare journey of paradigms and methodologies: 'It's hard to know what is right or wrong'. Computer Supported Quakittive Research, 2.
- Lacey, A., 2017. Mental health student nurses’ first practice placement: Exploring their experiences. In: RCN Education Forum International Conference in Telford, 2016 14 March-16 August 2016 Telford.
- Lacey, A., 2017. Exploring mental health student nurses’ accounts of first practice placement: how can they be more fully prepared? In: BU PG Conference 2016 9-10 March 2016 BU Bournemouth.
- Lacey, A. and Lacey, A., 2015. Mental health student nurses’ first practice placement: Exploring their experiences. In: 24th International Networking for Healthcare Education 2-5 September 2013 Cambridge University.
- Lacey, A., 2013. Mental Health Student Nurses experience of their first practice placement. In: 5th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference 1-3 April 2013 Bournemouth University.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Fundamental Communication Skills
- Locating and Evaluating Evidence for Professional Practice
- Attachment and Child Development
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Post graduate poster presentation
- NET 2013: 24th Interrnational Networking for Healthcare in Education Conference, Mental Health student nurses' first practice placement: Exploring their experiences., 3 September 2013, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University
- 5th Annual Post-Graduate Research Conference, Mental Health student nurses' first practice placement: Exploring their experiences, 29 April 2013, Executive Business Centre
- BU 8th Post-grad Research Conference, Exploring mental health student nurses first mental health practice placement: how can they be more fully prepared?, 9 March 2016, Executive Business Centre, BU
- Royal College of Nursing Education Forum International Conference and Exhibition 2016, Exploring mental health student nurses first mental health practice placement: how can they be more fully prepared?, 15 March 2016, Conference Centre, Telford, UK
- MA in Education - Life long Learning (Open University, 2005)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Open University, 1995)
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) (The British Psychological Society, 2009)
- Associate Fellow (AFBPsS) (The British Psychological Society, 2011)
- British Psychological Society, Fellow (1997-),
- Division for Academics and Researchers and teachers of Psychology, Committee Member,
- Dorset Hub of the British Psychological Society, Member,
- The Association for the Teaching of Psychology, Member,