Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
John has a clear focus on developing and enhancing the student learning experience on the ODP programme.
Educated in Medical Sciences, John then undertook his ODP training in 1998 at Royal Bournemouth Hospital.
For a number of years John worked as a Lecturer Practitioner: both as a Senior ODP in clinical practice (perioperative practice) and as the Programme Leader at Bournemouth University.
Working with the local clinical network, John introduced ODP into BU 2003 and has led the programme since. Using student, staff and the academic team's experiences a significant rethink led to a curriculum rewrite in 2009 that now enjoys an innovative approach to learning and assessment that is well rated by Students and Clinical Staff.
An increase in the academic team has meant that interests are now being developed in Post-Registration Perioperative Education and the future Scope of Practice with the future graduate level programmes; integration of clinical skills and the opportunity to enrol on PhD studies...
John is also involved in a novel piece of research looking at Professional Identity within Student ODPs, a much unexplored profession.more
- PGCE in Education (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- NVQ III in Operating Department Practice (EdExcel, 2000)
- BSc (Hons) in Medical Sciences (University of Leeds, 1998)
- Association for Perioperative Practice, Member (2008-), http://www.afpp.org.uk/
- Health & Care Professions Council, Registered Practitioner (2003-), http://www.hcpc-uk.org/
- Higher Education Academy (HEA), Fellow (2011-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/individuals/fellowship/fellow