- ybarradomartin at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Postgraduate Researcher
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Before joining BUDI in January 2016, Yolanda finished her BSc (Hons) in Psychology and MSc in Geropsychology both at the University of Barcelona, and gained Clinical experience working as a Psychologist in an elderly care setting. More recently she worked as a Research Project Support Officer at Dementia Services Development Centre (Bangor University) in a study called “Dementia and Imagination” and as a Psychologist at the Red Cross leading memory workshops and promoting active ageing among older people living in the community.
Yolanda is currently conducting a research study examining participants' acceptability and adherence to a Tai Chi exercise intervention designed to prevent falls amongst people living with dementia in the community.
Her PhD studentship is funded by a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Career Development Fellowship awarded to Dr Samuel Nyman.
- Barrado-Martín, Y. and Windle, G, 2015. What do people living with dementia and their carers think of 'Try Something New'? An evaluation of their perspectives.. Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC Wales), School of Healthcare Sciences Pryfysgol, Bangor University. Available from: http://dsdc.bangor.ac.uk/documents/ASreportfinalcopyMay2015.pdf.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Social Psychology and Individual Differences - Social Processes Seminars
- Social Psychology and Individual Differences - Attitude Change Seminars
- "Living well with dementia" training - level 6 & 7 CPD.
- Dementia and Imagination (Leonardo da Vinci Programme - EU funded, 09 Aug 2014). Completed
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Raising awareness about the TACIT Trial (04/05/2017) - Dorchester Memory Café
- Raising awareness about the TACIT Trial (24/04/2017) - Carers Choir (Parkstone)
- Raising awareness about the TACIT Trial (07/04/2017) - Westbourne Memory Café
- Raising awareness about the TACIT Trial (24/03/2017) - Westbourne Singing for the Brain
- Raising awareness about the TACIT Trial (22/02/2017) - Oakley Friends Carers Group
- Raising awareness about the TACIT Trial (20/02/2017) - Boscombe Memory Café
- Festival of Learning 2016 (28/06/2016)
- International Clinical Trials Day 2016 at The Royal Bournemouth Hospital (17/05/2016) - Tai-Chi for people with dementia
- BUDI Open Meeting 2016 (11/05/2016) - Participants' Acceptability and Adherence to The TACIT Trial
- MSc in Geropsychology (2014)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (2011)
- Catalan Psychological Association, Registered Psychologist (2011-),
- European Health Psychology Society, Member (2016-),
- Social Research Association, Member (2016-),