Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Annie has transferred her valuable skills and experiences of working on large broadcast drama film sets to her work at Bournemouth University. With a career spanning 18 years she has worked from runner to location manager, from first assistant director to production manager. Annie has a deep knowledge of working across both contemporary drama and costume drama with credits such as ‘EastEnders’, ‘Holby City’ and’ Casualty’ on her CV as well as costume drama adaptation classics such as Nancy Mitford’s ‘Love in a Cold Climate’. As a result, Annie brings a wealth of production knowledge to the department.
Annie’s professional interests, teaching commitments and research interests have combined to draw on her specialism of film-set health and safety practice as well as sustainable production practices. Her doctoral research area is examining ways students relate to the risk assessment when working on their independent projects.
Annie is one of the founding members leading the ‘Albert in Education’ group with BAFTA which looks to embed sustainable film and TV industry practice into HE nationally and internationally... Annie’s achievements in this area of teaching, learning and leadership have had further recognition when she represented BU as finalist for the EAUC Green Gown awards and she has won two awards at BU for her work in Education for Sustainable Development.more
Profile of Teaching PG
- MA Producing Film and Television - Production Management
- MA Media Production Framework - Professional Practice
- MA Producing Film and Television & MA Directing Film and Television, Directing and Developing Story
Profile of Teaching UG
- BA Television Production - Level 4 Production Portfolio
- BA Television Production - Level 6 Concept Development
- BA Television Production Level 6 Graduate Project
- BA Media Production, Level 5, Client and Audience
- BA Television Production, Level 5, Production Management Specialism
Introduction To Risk Assessment, Bournemouth University, 23 Sep 2015 more
Introduction To Risk Assessment Bournemouth University
- Kids Camera Action!, Consultant (2009-), http://kidscameraaction.co.uk/about.php
- Regents American College, London, TV Industry Panel Member (2009-), http://www.regents.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/programmes/ba-hons-film-tv-digital-media-production.aspx
- Health and Safety Academic for the Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University Health and Safety Executive Committee
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Working with Aspire BU & Bournemouth university staff and student ambassadors with year 5&6 pupils at Turlin Moor Community School, Poole, Dorset, to create "The Big Turlin Moor Masterchef/Bake-Off" TV programme linking to the children's curriculum topic "The Restaurant". Key skills introduced were researching topic content, sourcing and researching props, presenting to camera, interview techniques, scripting links, filmmaking set etiquette, camera operation, working with a green screen and teamwork.
- This workshop involved BU staff and students working with pupils to create a magazine style TV programme linking to the children's project learning about bees. Malmesbury Park Primary School pupils come from diverse backgrounds with 38 home languages represented in the school. Key skills introduced were researching topic content, sourcing and researching props, presenting to camera, interview techniques, scripting links, filmmaking set etiquette, camera operation, working with a green screen and teamwork.
- HEA Annual Conference 'Teaching in the Spotlight', Teaching the teacher; exploring the challenge of education for sustainable development on practice-based media courses in HE., 04 Jul 2017, University of Manchester, Renold Building
- Media Education Summit 2016, Greening the screen; sustainable media production practice & pedagogy within a higher education setting., 04 Nov 2016, John Cabot University, Rome.
- 'Who Killed Nelson Nutmeg' - Dorset Based Feature Film, Production Consultant. Projector Films
- Carbon Literacy Training with Albert BAFTA - Sustainable practice in Film and TV., 13 May 2016
- Safe Management Of Productions (Film and TV), 01 Jul 2014, Production Safety Passport
- BA (Hons) in Media Production (Bournemouth University, 1995)
- PGCE in Higher Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (Higher Education Academy, 2016)
- Education for Sustainable Development (Centre Excellence in Learning, 2016)