- amjohn at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic Medical Imaging / Radiography
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Miss Arathy Mary John is a Principal Academic in Medical Imaging and MRI Radiography at the Institute of Medical Imaging and Visualisation, Bournemouth University. She completed her Bachelor of Medical Imaging Technology and Master of Medical Imaging Technology from the School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), India in 2014 and 2016 respectively. Before joining BU, she worked as an assistant professor senior grade, and in-charge cum program coordinator for the department of Medical Imaging Technology, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India for six years. She was appointed as the Radiation Safety Officer with the approval from Atomic Energy Research Board, the government of India in 2019 for 3 years and she educated the employees and trainee students of her organization on radiation protection and hazards. After joining BU, she teaches postgraduate students of Medical Imaging and Management. Arathy John remains an HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council) registered radiographer, involves in MRI scanning at the Institute of Medical Imaging and visualization.
- John, A., Kotian, R. and Aranha, K., 2021. Estimating the Proportion of Bone Mineral Density Loss in Patients with Normal Kidney Function among South Indian Population. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 12 (3), 554-560.
- John, A., Panackal, N. and Kayyum, A., 2020. Evaluation of Effective Dose and Associated Radiation Risks In Common Computed Tomography Procedures. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 11 (3), 460-465.
- John, A.M. and Yadav, S., 2019. Effect of bolus administration of non-ionic radiopaque contrast media on blood pressure variation. Radiography, 25 (4), 346-348.
- Saikiran, P., Ramzan, R., Nandish, S., Kamineni, P.D., Priyanka and John, A.M., 2019. Mammographic breast density assessed with fully automated method and its risk for breast cancer. Journal of Clinical Imaging Science, 9 (1).
- Mendonsa, V.R., Dkhar, W., Sukumar, S. and John, A.M., 2018. Determination of range of quadriceps angle by computed tomography. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 12 (12), TC10-TC12.
- John, A.M. and Yadav, S., 2018. Evaluation of blood pressure variations during the administration of intravascular contrast media in cect abdomen. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 11 (6), 309-311.