- ccollop at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am a PhD researcher in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences and am interested in human-wildlife interactions. My research focuses on the impacts of human disturbance on wintering waders - using field observations and simulation modelling. My PhD supervisors are Richard Stillman and Roger Herbert, along with Matt Ellis at the British Association for Shooting and Conservation.
Prior to joining Bournemouth Uni, I was Biodiversity Action Plan Co-ordinator at Lincolnshire Biodiversity Partnership.
- Cartwright, S.J., Bowgen, K.M., Collop, C., Hyder, K., Nabe-Nielsen, J., Stafford, R., Stillman, R.A., Thorpe, R.B. and Sibly, R.M., 2016. Communicating complex ecological models to non-scientist end users. Ecological Modelling, 338, 51-59.
- Collop, C., Stillman, R.A., Garbutt, A., Yates, M.G., Rispin, E. and Yates, T., 2016. Variability in the area, energy and time costs of wintering waders responding to disturbance. Ibis, 158 (4), 711-725.
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Presentation given to the Severn Estuary Users Group
- Recreational Disturbance Symposium
- Talk for Bournemouth Natural Science Society
- Recreational Disturbance Workshop
- Talk for Dorset Wildfowlers' Association
- Talk for Dorset Wildlife Trust Local Group (Poole)
- African-Eurasian Waterbirds Agreement Meeting of Parties 6 - Recreational Disturbance Side Event, A method for assessing the impacts of disturbance on wintering waders, 10 Nov 2015, Bonn, Germany
- International Wader Study Group, A comparison of the disturbance impacts of two recreational activities on wintering birds in Poole Harbour, UK., 02 Oct 2015, Ásbrú, Iceland
- International Wader Study Group, Conflict between birds and human activities., 26 Sep 2014, Haapsalu, Estonia
- British Association for Shooting and Conservation Wildfowling Conference, Wintering birds and disturbance., 15 Mar 2014, Sutton Coldfield, UK
- International Wader Study Group, Understanding birds’ responses to human disturbance., 27 Sep 2013, Wilhelmshaven, Germany