- ccollop at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a PhD researcher in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences and am interested in human-wildlife interactions. My research focuses on the impacts of human disturbance on wintering waders - using field observations and simulation modelling. My PhD supervisors are Richard Stillman and Roger Herbert, along with Matt Ellis at the British Association for Shooting and Conservation.
Prior to joining Bournemouth Uni, I was Biodiversity Action Plan Co-ordinator at Lincolnshire Biodiversity Partnership.
- Cartwright, S.J., Bowgen, K.M., Collop, C., Hyder, K., Nabe-Nielsen, J., Stafford, R., Stillman, R.A., Thorpe, R.B. and Sibly, R.M., 2016. Communicating complex ecological models to non-scientist end users. Ecological Modelling, 338, 51-59.
- Collop, C., Stillman, R.A., Garbutt, A., Yates, M.G., Rispin, E. and Yates, T., 2016. Variability in the area, energy and time costs of wintering waders responding to disturbance. Ibis, 158 (4), 711-725.
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Birds’ responses to recreational disturbance and understanding the population-level impacts (01 Dec 2015)
- Impacts of human disturbance on coastal birds: population consequences derived from behavioural responses. (01 Jun 2015)
- A year in the life of a Poole Harbour bird researcher. (01 Feb 2015)
- Impacts of human disturbance on coastal birds: population consequences derived from behavioural responses. (01 Feb 2015)
- Wintering birds and disturbance. (01 Aug 2013)
- A year in the life of a Poole Harbour bird researcher
- African-Eurasian Waterbirds Agreement Meeting of Parties 6 - Recreational Disturbance Side Event, A method for assessing the impacts of disturbance on wintering waders, 10 Nov 2015, Bonn, Germany
- International Wader Study Group, A comparison of the disturbance impacts of two recreational activities on wintering birds in Poole Harbour, UK., 02 Oct 2015, Ásbrú, Iceland
- International Wader Study Group, Conflict between birds and human activities., 26 Sep 2014, Haapsalu, Estonia
- British Association for Shooting and Conservation Wildfowling Conference, Wintering birds and disturbance., 15 Mar 2014, Sutton Coldfield, UK
- International Wader Study Group, Understanding birds’ responses to human disturbance., 27 Sep 2013, Wilhelmshaven, Germany
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, https://uk.linkedin.com/in/catherine-collop-a827618a
- Twitter, @muddybirder