Dr Fidelis Akanga
- 01202 965633
- fakanga at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Accounting and Finance
- Dorset House DG165, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am Module Leader and Lecturer in Management Accounting and Advanced Management Accounting. Prior to joining Bournemouth, I have taught Management Accounting at two other institutions in the UK at both BSc, MSc and MBA levels. I have also taught Management Accounting abroad.
I also teach Principles of Accounting (online programme).
My research interests are: - Microfinance Accountability, - Accounting and Accountability practices in emerging economies, - Management Accounting practices within organisations in emerging economies - Corporate governance practices within emerging economies
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"End poverty in all its forms everywhere"
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
"Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts"
- Akanga, F., Sha'ven, W.B. and Tauringana, V., 2020. An empirical investigation into the risk management strategies of MFIs in Cameroon. AFRICAN JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING AUDITING AND FINANCE, 7 (2), 155-171.
- Akanga, F.K., 2017. Microfinance accountability in Cameroon: A cure or a curse for poverty alleviation? Journal of Accounting and Organizational Change, 13 (1), 112-130.
- Akanga, F., 2016. Governance of microfinance institutions (MFIs) in Cameroon: What lessons can we learn? Enterprise Development and Microfinance, 27 (3), 219-235.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Accounting
- Advanced Management Accounting
- PGCE in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, UK, 2017)
- PhD in Accounting (University of Essex, 2014)
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (Umea University, Sweden, 2009)
- MSc in Maritime Affairs (World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden, 2006)
- BSc (Hons) in Banking and Finance (University of Buea, Cameroon, 2001)
- Higher Education Academy, UK, Fellow (2017-),