Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am Module Leader and Lecturer in Management Accounting and Advanced Management Accounting. Prior to joining Bournemouth, I have taught Management Accounting at two other institutions in the UK at both BSc, MSc and MBA levels. I have also taught Management Accounting abroad.
I also teach Principles of Accounting (online programme).
My research interests are: - Microfinance Accountability, - Accounting and Accountability practices in emerging economies, - Management Accounting practices within organisations in emerging economies - Corporate governance practices within emerging economies
- Akanga, F.K., 2017. Microfinance accountability in Cameroon: A cure or a curse for poverty alleviation? Journal of Accounting and Organizational Change, 13 (1), 112-130.
- Akanga, F., 2016. Governance of microfinance institutions (MFIs) in Cameroon: What lessons can we learn? Enterprise Development and Microfinance, 27 (3), 219-235.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Accounting
- Advanced Management Accounting
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (Umea University, Sweden, 2009)
- MSc in Maritime Affairs (World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden, 2006)
- BSc (Hons) in Banking and Finance (University of Buea, Cameroon, 2001)
- PhD in Accounting (University of Essex, 2014)
- PGCE in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, UK, 2017)
- Higher Education Academy, UK, Fellow (2017-),