Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
My research interests concern broad interdisciplinary themes of Marketing and International Development, with a particular focus on Responsible Marketing, and Consumer Behaviour at the Bottom of the Pyramid i.e., how to make marketing socially sustainable and responsive to marginalised and vulnerable consumers. I have researched marginalised consumers and how marginalised consumers are constrained to enter the market created by Multinational Corporations (MNCs). My research interests are grounded in my experience, and discipline specific knowledge of theories and concepts in marketing, responsible business, globalisation, and international development. My research pays particular attention to the role of MNCs marketing strategy of product innovations and their brands marketing in developing countries. I have strong interest in furthering impactful interdisciplinary research in Responsible Marketing and Transformative Consumer Research using Qualitative Research Methodology. My future research interests fall within marketing, responsible marketing, and consumer behaviour, focussing on three themes: (i) BOP Markets and MNCs Marketing, (ii) Responsible Marketing that address Market Imperfections and Positively Impact Consumer Well-being and (iii) Reconceptualising Corporate Responsibility and Making Market led Growth and Development Inclusive of Needs of Marginalised Consumers... Focusing on how markets, and marketing can address real needs and poverty, my research interest lies in the refinement of the concepts of ‘Responsible Marketing’ and the necessity to adjust the concept through (i) ‘inclusive’ product innovations and (ii) ‘responsible’ advertising and communications that addresses marginalised consumers vulnerability in a market exchange.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"End poverty in all its forms everywhere"
"End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Misra, G., 2023. Recognising uncertainty, risk, and the need for promises: securing vulnerable Bottom of the Pyramid consumers well-being. In: 2023 AMA Marketing and Public Policy Conference 8-10 June 2023 Arlington, VA, USA.
- Misra, G., 2019. Multinational Corporations Contributing to Inclusive Development - Exploring Consumption Driven Growth at the Bottom of the Pyramid in India. In: 1st Annual Conference of the Private Sector Development Research Network - Private Enterprise and Inclusion 12-13 December 2019 Geneva, Switzerland.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Level 4 Integrated Marketing Communications - Unit Leader
- Level 5 Research Principles and Practice - Unit Leader
- Level 4 Contemporary Debates in Marketing Communications - Unit Tutor
- Qualitative Marketing Research: An International Journal, 01 Nov 2019
- PhD in Marketing and International Development (2020)
- MA in Globalisation and Development (2013)