Dr James Obiegbu
- jobiegbu at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Experiential Marketing and Management
- PhD Supervisor
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr James Obiegbu joined Bournemouth University in 2020 as a Lecturer (Academic) in Experiential Marketing. Prior to this, James completed his PhD in Marketing from the University of Durham, as well as a Masters in Management.
James’ research lies at the intersection of consumption, markets and the arts, and he is particularly interested in how digital technology is shaping and transforming these relationships. His research interests also include consumption and consumer research, arts marketing and consumption, digital technology, community, and identity. His research features in a number of academic journals including Marketing Theory and European Journal of Marketing.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
- Obiegbu, C.J., Larsen, G. and Ellis, N., 2020. Experiential brand loyalty: Towards an extended conceptualisation of consumer allegiance to brands. Marketing Theory, 20 (3), 251-271.
- Obiegbu, C.J., Larsen, G. and Ellis, N., 2019. The critical music fan: the role of criticality in collective constructions of brand loyalty. Arts and the Market, 9 (1), 65-80.
- Obiegbu, C.J., Larsen, G., Ellis, N. and O’Reilly, D., 2019. Co-constructing loyalty in an era of digital music fandom: An experiential-discursive perspective. European Journal of Marketing, 53 (3), 463-482.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Event Engagement, Event and Experience Marketing
- PhD in Marketing (Durham University, 2018)