Dr James Obiegbu
- jobiegbu at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Experiential Marketing and Management
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr James Obiegbu joined Bournemouth University in 2020 as a Lecturer (Academic) in Experiential Marketing. Prior to this, James completed his PhD in Marketing from the University of Durham, as well as a Masters in Management.
James’ research lies at the intersection of consumption, markets and the arts, and he is particularly interested in how digital technology is shaping and transforming these relationships. His research interests also include consumption and consumer research, arts marketing and consumption, digital technology, community, and identity. His research features in a number of academic journals including Marketing Theory and European Journal of Marketing.
- Obiegbu, C.J., Larsen, G. and Ellis, N., 2020. Experiential brand loyalty: Towards an extended conceptualisation of consumer allegiance to brands. Marketing Theory, 20 (3), 251-271.
- Obiegbu, C.J., Larsen, G. and Ellis, N., 2019. The critical music fan: the role of criticality in collective constructions of brand loyalty. Arts and the Market, 9 (1), 65-80.
- Obiegbu, C.J., Larsen, G., Ellis, N. and O’Reilly, D., 2019. Co-constructing loyalty in an era of digital music fandom: An experiential-discursive perspective. European Journal of Marketing, 53 (3), 463-482.