Dr Laura Ramsay
- 01202 965956
- lramsay at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in History
- Weymouth House W404, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Ramsay, L., 2018. The Church of England, Homosexual Law Reform, and the Shaping of the Permissive Society, 1957–1979. Journal of British Studies (University of Chicago Press), 57 (1), 108-137.
- Ramsay, L., 2016. The Ambiguities of Christian Sexual Discourse in Post-War Britain: The British Council of Churches and Its Early Moral Welfare Work. Journal of Religious History, 40 (1), 82-103.
- Ramsay, L., 2020. Assembling an Anglican view of self-governing sexual citizenship, 1918–1945. In: Rodger, T., Williamson, P. and Grimley, M., eds. The Church of England and British Politics since 1900. Boydell & Brewer.
- Ramsay, L., 2016. The Church of England, Sexual Morality & Institutional Decision-making. Notches: (Re)Marks on the History of Sexuality. Available from: http://notchesblog.com/2016/03/31/the-church-of-england-sexual-morality-and-the-complications-of-institutional-decision-making/#more-7388.
- Ramsay, L., 2020. Review of New Approaches in History and Theology to Same-Sex Love and Desire. Edited by Mark D. Chapman and Dominic Janes. Palgrave Macmillan (Genders and Sexualities in History Series) 2018.. Liverpool University Press. Submitted.
- Ramsay, L., 2017. Review of Constance Maynard's Passions: Religion, Sexuality, and an English Educational Pioneer, 1849–1935 by Pauline A. Phipps. University of Toronto Press. Published.
- Ramsay, L., 2017. Review of Wolfenden’s Witnesses: Homosexuality in Postwar Britain. By Brian Lewis. Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke, 2016.. Oxford University Press. Published.
- Ramsay, L., 2014. Review of Queer Domesticities: Homosexuality and Home Life in Twentieth-Century London. By Matt Cook. Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke and New York, (Genders and Sexualities in History Series) 2014.. Oxford University Press. Published.
- Ramsay, L., 2012. Review of Being the Body of Christ: Towards a Twenty-First-Century Homosexual Theology for the Anglican Church. By Chris Mounsey. London: Equinox Publishing, 2011.. H-Net, History Department, Michigan State University. Published online.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Undergraduate Dissertation Supervisor (Level 6)
- Being Victorian (Level 5)
- The Home Front: From the Napoleonic Wars to Afghanistan (Level 5)
- Being an Historian Part Two: Sources and Archives (Level 4)
- Being an Historian Part One: Concepts and Methods (Level 4)
- Level 4 Co-ordinator, BA (Hons) History
- Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Academic Course Contact, BA (Hons) History
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- LGBT+ SpeakOut Project led by Dorset History Centre
- Invited speaker at The Bishop of Winchester Academy, Bournemouth, facilitating a session for A Level Religious Studies students on "Church of England attitudes towards homosexuality, c. 1950 - 80"
- Modern Religious History IHR Seminar Series, Re-examining narratives of gender, sexual modernity and the British Churches: the 1924 Conference on Christian Politics, Economics and Citizenship and its report on “The Relation of the Sexes", 04 Dec 2019, Institute of Historical Research, London
- PGCE in Educational Practice (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- PhD in History (University of Nottingham, 2015)
- MA in History (University of Nottingham, 2011)
- BA (Hons) in History (University of Nottingham, 2010)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2019-),
The data on this page was last updated at 04:11 on August 14, 2020.