- mloi at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Mei Kun Loi (Vicky) is currently a PhD researcher at School of Tourism, Bournemouth University, U.K. Mei received her Master of Science (MSc) in Tourism at University of Strathclyde, Scotland and Higher National Certificate in Tourism at Glasgow College of Food and Technology, now City of Glasgow College, Scotland. In her MSc dissertation, she researched perceived value and tourist satisfaction on railway services in rural areas: a case of Scottish Highlands. She received her Bachelor Degree in Finance at Institute Politecnico de Macau, China.
Before joining Bournemouth University, Mei was a full time lecturer at Faculty of Hotel and Tourism Management and School of Continues Studies at Macau University of Science and Technology (MUST). She is a Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) accredited by American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, U.S. She also engaged with faculty’s research project. She was nominated candidate for Teaching Excellence Award 2012 at MUST. Before her career at the university, she worked in an accounts department of a local commercial bank in Macau and accounts department of a European share services centre in Glasgow, both positions were at a supervisory level...
Mei’s research interests include consumer behaviour on new technology, online reputation, online branding and Tourism SMEs.more
- Cheng, V.T.P. and Loi, M.K., 2014. Handling Negative Online Customer Reviews: The Effects of Elaboration Likelihood Model and Distributive Justice. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 31 (1), 1-15.
- Loi, M.K. and Zhou, Y., 2012. An evaluation of transportation mobile apps: a customer review perspective. In: 18th APTA International Conference 26-29 June 2012 Taipei, Taiwan.
- Loi, M.K., 2011. A Discussion On The Legal Issues When Selling Hotel Rooms Online: A Case Of Macao. In: 10th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science 16-18 May 2011 Hainan, China.
- Loi, M.K., 2010. Does Information Communication Technologies matter to Macao Tourism Organisations? In: 1st International Conference on Tourism between China and Spain 29-31 March 2010 Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
- BSc (Hons) in Finance (Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao, 1998)
- Higher National Certification in Tourism (Glasgow College of Food and Technology, Scotland, 2003)
- MSc in Tourism (University of Strathclyde, Scotland, 2007)