Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Mallika Tamvada is Lecturer in Corporate Law, Governance and Stewardship at the Bournemouth University. Her research interests are in Corporate Law, Corporate Governance, Corporate Accountability, Corporate Social Responsibility and Business and Human Rights. She completed her doctorate at the University of Essex, UK. She has a Masters in Law from the University of Houston, USA, and a BA LLB (Hons.) from Maharshi Dayanand University, India.
Before joining BU, Mallika worked as an impact researcher and as a member of the Essex Business and Human Rights Project team whilst pursuing her doctoral studies. She taught the Law of the European Union at Essex.
Previously, she worked at the Jindal Global Law School and Amity University and has worked on commercial law matters at India’s leading corporate law firm, Kochhar & Co. She also practised Commercial and Constitutional laws at the High Court of Delhi and Supreme Court of India. For a brief stint, she worked with YMCA international in the United States of America and rendered her services on refugee resettlement, asylum and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) cases.
- Tamvada, M., 2020. Corporate social responsibility and accountability: a new theoretical foundation for regulating CSR. International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Tamvada, M., 2018. Compulsory Corporate Social Responsibility: An empirical assessment of managerial perspective in Indian State Owned Enterprises. Social Sciences Research Network.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Corporate Law: Theory and Practice
Profile of Teaching UG
- Corporate Law and Governance
- Corporate Law
- Public Sector Enterprises and Corporate Social Responsibility: Evidence from India (ESRC Impact Acceleration Funding, 21 Nov 2018). Completed
- Assistant Editor, BU Law Review. https://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/law-review/
- Tutor, LLB Level 4
- Academic Advisor, LLB Cohort
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Organised a Round Table Conference, CSR in India and CSR Projects: Approaches, Practices and Challenges - A way forward, Gurgaon, India, 2019.
- Society of Legal Scholars Annual Conference 2020, Corporate Social Responsibility & Business and Human Rights: An integrated view, 01 Sep 2020, University of Exeter, UK
- United Nations Virtual Forum on Responsible Business and Human Rights, New Challenges. New Approaches. Asia and the Pacific,, 09 Jun 2020, Online
- Law and Society Annual Meetings, Private Law Remedies for Corporate Human Rights Abuses for Access to Justice: A New Approach to Corporate Accountability in the EU Context, 30 Jun 2019, Washington, DC, USA
- ESRC South East Network of Social Sciences, Business Boost-IAA Business Boost Conference, Collaborating with Business in your Research,, 19 Jun 2019, Norwich, UK
- Round Table Conference, CSR in India and CSR Projects: Approaches, Practices and Challenges - A way forward, Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Human Rights: Accountability in India, 22 Jan 2019, Gurgaon, India
- UN Forum on Business and Human Rights, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, 26 Nov 2018, United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
- British Federation of Women Graduates,, 12 May 2018, London
- Erasmus Early-Career Scholars Conference, New business models and globalized markets: Rethinking public and private responsibilities,, 11 Apr 2018, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Access to Justice in theory and practice, European tendencies and perspectives, International workshop at International and Transnational Tendencies in Law (INTRAlaw), 19 Mar 2018, Aarhus, Denmark
- Post Graduate Research discussions, 15 Mar 2018, University of Essex
- ‘Best Paper Award’ and ‘Best Presentation Award’ for paper titled “Corporate Social Responsibilities and Accountability: A new theoretical approach for regulating Corporate Social Responsibility” at the Erasmus Early-Career Scholars Conference on New business models and globalized markets: Rethinking public and private responsibilities, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands. (2018)
- Economic and Research Council (ESRC) Impact Acceleration Funding, South East Network for Social Sciences UK for the research project- Public Sector Enterprises and Corporate Social Responsibility: Evidence from India. (2018)
- Awarded University of Essex Doctoral Scholarship, University of Essex. (2017)
- Awarded in March 2013 for proactive initiatives and contribution, YMCA international, USA. (2013)
- Award of Appreciation for presenting the work on ‘Investments Through Mutual Funds in India’, Kochhar and Co. Law Firm, Gurgaon, National Capital Region, India. (2008)