- myarlik at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
He is a P/T lecturer and PhD researcher with a VC scholarship at Department of Accounting, Finance & Economics, Bournemouth University, where he had earlier obtained an MA in International Finance and Economics with distinction in 2013. He has been involved in the delivery of several units at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels. Furthermore, he is a tutor in the Math & Stat Clinic which offers support to all Accounting, Finance & Economics Framework students’ at the University.
His research interests are energy economics, macro-finance modelling, and financial economics and his Ph.D. research is exploring the forecasting of oil price volatility using new modelling techniques. The contribution of this research in the current geopolitical environment is extremely topical and of primary importance to firms, financial market participants, researchers and policy makers. The research is anticipated to make an important contribution to the accuracy of oil price volatility forecasting.
- Filis, G., Degiannakis, S., Lloyd, T. and Yarlik, M., 2018. Forecasting oil price volatility: The role of Mixed-Frequency-Data (MIDAS) model. In: 41st IAEE International Conference 10-13 June 2018 Groningen, Netherlands.
- Yarlik, M., Filis, G., Degiannakis, S. and Lloyd, T., 2018. Forecasting oil price volatility: The role of Mixed-Frequency-Data (MIDAS) model. In: 6th International Symposium on Energy and Finance Issues 24-25 May 2018 Paris, France.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Math, Stat and Eviews support
- Demonstrator at the Math and Stat Clinic
Profile of Teaching UG
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Regulation
- Econometric Techniques
- Basic Statistical Techniques
- 41st IAEE International Conference, Forecasting oil price volatility: The role of Mixed-Frequency-Data (MIDAS) model, 10 Jun 2018, Groningen, Netherlands.
- 6th International Symposium on Energy and Finance Issues, Forecasting oil price volatility: The role of Mixed-Frequency-Data (MIDAS) model, 24 May 2018, Paris, France.
- Warwick GTA Workshop by Economics Network, Warwick University, 12 Oct 2018
- The Introduction to Education Practice Certificate, Bournemouth Univesity, 07 Dec 2016
- EViews Summer School, Cass Business School, London., 25 Jul 2016
- How Should DSGE Models Estimate(Macroeconomics Workshop), Reading University, 18 Dec 2015
- MA in International Finance and Economics (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- BA (Hons) in Economics (Near East University, 2009)
- Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship for PhD (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- Full Undergraduate Scholarship (The Student Selection and Placement Centre(OSYM), Republic of Turkey, 2003)
- International Association for Energy Economics, Member (2018-),
- Royal Economic Society, Member (2015-),