- 01202 963516
- rwatson at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Deputy Head of Department in Humanities and Law
- Weymouth House W408, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
I am a Senior Lecturer in English and Communications, and have taught at a number of universities and colleges alongside a career in senior education management, from which I have recently returned. I have worked at Bournemouth University since 2015, and have published on Robert Lowell, psychoanalytic criticism, and ethics in Business. Papers/sessions at conferences include those on Psychoanalysis and Robert Lowell, writing on tablecloths (really) and Jimi Hendrix.
I am currently Deputy Head of Department in the Department of Humanities and Law. I am interested in research in many areas of modern and contemporary British and American literature, especially projects that explore the construction of self and the emerging field of autofiction.
- Hardy and Gothic Wessex, A Map is Not all the Plot': Unhomely Houses and Liminal Landscapes in Gladys Mitchell's Awkward Gothic Wessex, 28 Oct 2022, Dorchester / Virtual
- Disclosure: New Perspectives on the ‘Confessing Animal’, Fou Fighters: Autofiction vs the Tyranny of the Self in Confessional Poetics, 22 Jul 2022, John-F.- Kennedy-Institut fur Nordamerikastdien, Berlin