Dr Sarah McKeown
- 01202 961885
- smckeown at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Deputy Head Of Department in Humanities And Law
- Weymouth House W406, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
- Commercial law
- Consumer Behaviour
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Sarah joined BU in 2011 following the completion of her PhD from the University of Southampton which lay at the intersect of European Union law, European Private Law and Private International Law with an emphasis on international trade facilitation. Sarah currently brings these areas of interest to the teaching of Practical Commercial law and supervision. After leading the the LLB and LLM Law programmes as Programme Leader, Sarah is now the Deputy Head of Department in Humanities and Law and oversees the education and student experience of our undergraduate students in the Department. This has seen her research interest turn to Higher Education policy, consumer protection law and their role in the regulation of the Higher Education market.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
Peace, justice and strong institutions
"Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels"
- Weston, S. and McKeown, S., 2020. After the TEF and consumer law-based interventions–are prospective HE students now able to make informed choices? Law Teacher, 54 (3), 414-425.
- Weston, S. and Mckeown, S., 2017. The impact of TEF on law teaching. In: Association of Law Teachers 10-11 April 2017 Portsmouth University.
- Joseph McMullen. Particulate Matter: Regulating an Invisible Killer, (In progress)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Law of the European Union; Law of International Trade
- Practical Commerical Law
- PGCE in Higher Education (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- PhD in Law (University of Southampton, 2011)
- LLM in Law (University of Southampton, 2005)
- LLB (Hons) in Law (University of Southampton, 2004)
- The Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2014-),
- Society of Legal Scholars, Member (2012-),