- 01202 961285
- sthomas at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In HRM and Personal Development
- Dorset House D205, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
"Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
- Bendaraviciute, A., Wassler, P., Nguyen, T.H.H. and Thomas, S., 2020. Management Responses to Online Reviews: Consumer Preferences of Action Frames and Language Style. Tourism Analysis.
- Farbrother, C. and Thomas, S., 2008. The value of Real Working Environments in Developing Employability. LINK, 25-27.
- Farbrother, C. and Thomas, S., 2017. The role of professional bodies in the development of talent. In: Horner, S., ed. Talent Management in Hospitality and Tourism. United Kingdom: Goodfellows.
- Jones, I.M. and Thomas, S., 2010. Highlighting the potential benefits of developing the industrial relationship. In: PATH (Placement Advisors for Tourism and Hospitality) Annual Conference 17-18 June 2010 London, England.
- Janta, H., Jones, I.M., Thomas, S. and Henderson, H.E., 2010. Creative and Ambitious - First year Events Management Students and their Employability Skills. In: Global Events Congress IV: Events and Festivals Research: State of the Art 14-16 July 2010 Leeds, England.
- Farbrother, C., Lugosi, P. and Thomas, S., 2009. Development and enhancement of employability skills through a real working environment. In: Assessment and Feedback - What's The Answer? Higher Education Academy Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism Network Annual Conference 12 November 2009 St Hugh's College, Oxford.
- Institute of Travel and Tourism, Member (2013-), http://www.itt.co.uk/