Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
John has a clear focus on developing and enhancing the student learning experience on the ODP programme.
Educated in Medical Sciences, John then undertook his ODP training in 1998 at Royal Bournemouth Hospital.
For a number of years John worked as a Lecturer Practitioner: both as a Senior ODP in clinical practice (perioperative practice) and as the Programme Leader at Bournemouth University, becoming a full-time senior lecturer in 2008.
As a senior lecturer, John has undertaken roles including Level 5 IPE unit lead of a research unit (circa 650 students from 9 pre-reg programmes) 2015- and Faculty Practice Simulation Lead 2018-2021).
John is near submission n of his PhD, a descriptive phenomenological study looking at 'Behind closed doors - the lived experience of caring for people during their surgical journey'.
- PGCE in Education (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- NVQ III in Operating Department Practice (EdExcel, 2000)
- BSc (Hons) in Medical Sciences (University of Leeds, 1998)
- Higher Education Academy (HEA), Fellow (2011-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/individuals/fellowship/fellow
- Association for Perioperative Practice, Member (2008-), http://www.afpp.org.uk/
- Health & Care Professions Council, Registered Practitioner (2003-), http://www.hcpc-uk.org/