Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Tuan has joined Bournemouth University in September 2017 as a Lecturer in Accounting and Finance. Prior that he had held a position as a part-time lecturer at the University of Exeter on various Accounting and Finance modules. He also had worked as a CFA exams tutor for a MSc programme on Financial Analysis and Fund Management.
Tuan has obtanied his PhD in Accounting at University of Exeter since 2017. He has also passed all the CFA exams (from level 1 to level 3) and shortly, he will be qualified as CFA Chartered Holder.
His current research interests include (1) Accounting information and stock markets (including value relevance and decision usefulness); (2) Financial reporting of corporate pension schemes and (3) Pension Scheme and Corporate Governance.
- Vu, T., 2016. Economic Consequence of Pension Accounting: Evidence from the adoption of IAS19R on Pension Asset Allocation. In: XII International Accounting Research Symposium 27 June-1 July 2016 Madrid.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Financial Analysis and Fund Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Financial Reporting
- Corporate Reporting
- Professional Studies and Quantitative Techniques
- Introduction to Accounting
- Economic Consequence of Pension Accounting: Evidence from the adoption of IAS19R on Pension Asset Allocation’ (Fundación Ramón Areces, 27 Jun 2016). Completed
- Essays on the Economic Consequences of International Pension Accounting Standard IAS19 (University of Exeter, 03 Sep 2013). Completed
- XII International Accounting Research Symposium, 27 Jun 2016, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- 2nd SWUFE-UoE Joint Research Workshop, 26 Apr 2017, University of Exeter
- EAA TALENT WORKSHOP 2016, 04 Nov 2016, IE Business School
- Economics Network GTA workshop; University of Exeter, 24 Sep 2014
- SWDTC advanced Workshops for Research Students: Instrumental Variables Estimation of Cross Section and Panel Data Models; University of Bristol, 16 May 2014
- EIASM’s Doctoral Education Network; Doctoral Seminar on Empirical Financial Accounting Research; Vienna, 13 Oct 2014
- GW4 Doctoral Training “Empirical Research Methods in Accounting and Finance Using STATA”; University of Bath, 22 Aug 2014
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance (University of Exeter, 2011)
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (University of Exeter, 2012)
- PhD in Accounting (University of Exeter, 2017)
- CFA Program Access Scholarships for level 3 CFA examination (CFA Institution, 2013)