Dr Gernot Liebchen
- 01202 966731
- gliebchen at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Computing
- Poole House P427, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am a lecturer in Computing at Bournemouth University. I joined Bournemouth University in March 2015. Prior to this I held a teaching position covering a range of computing subjects. I received my PhD in 2010 from Brunel University. The thesis was titled “Data Cleaning Techniques for Software Engineering Data Sets “. Towards the end of my doctorate I also worked as a research assistant on an EPSRC funded project entitled "Using Program Slicing to Size Code Change".
My research interests lie in the field of Empirical Software Engineering. I am actively looking for postgraduate research students.
- Hall, T., Bowes, D., Liebchen, G. and Wernick, P., 2010. Evaluating Three Approaches to Extracting Fault Data from Software Change Repositories. In: Ali Babar, M., Vierimaa, M. and Oivo, M., eds. Product-Focused Software Process Improvement. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 107-115.
- Liebchen, G. and Shepperd, M., 2016. Data Sets and Data Quality in Software Engineering: Eight Years On. In: The 12th International Conference on Predictive Models and Data Analytics in Software Engineering 7 September 2016 Ciudad Real, Spain.
- Alnaqbi, A., Liebchen, G., Ali, R. and Phalp, K., 2016. Culturally-Aware Motivation for Smart Services: An Exploratory Study of the UAE. In: In the proceedings of the 24th International Software Quality Management Conference. (BCS SQM/Inspire 16) 21 March 2016 Bournemouth, UK.
- Liebchen, G.A. and Shepperd, M., 2008. Data sets and data quality in software engineering. ACM, 39-44.
- Liebchen, G.A., Twala, B., Shepperd, M., Cartwright, M. and Stephens, M., 2007. Filtering, Robust Filtering, Polishing: Techniques for Addressing Quality in Software Data. IEEE Computer Society, 99-106.
- Twala, B., Cartwright, M. and Liebchen, G., 2006. Classifying incomplete software engineering data using decision trees: An improved probabilistic approach. 245-252.
- Liebchen, G.A., Twala, B., Shepperd, M. and Cartwright, M., 2006. Assessing the Quality and Cleaning of a Software Project Data Set: An Experience Report. British Computer Society.
- Liebchen, G.A. and Shepperd, M., 2005. Software productivity analysis of a large data set and issues of confidentiality and data quality. 399-401.
- Liebchen, G.A. and Shepperd, M., 2005. Software Productivity Analysis of a Large Data Set and Issues of Confidentiality and Data Quality. IEEE Computer Society, 46.
- Alzibali, Abdulmonem Hussain S (“Engineering Real-time Context-aware Transparency Requirements”)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Systems Performance and Optimisation (CPD at BBC Academy)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Project Supervision (Level H)
- Database Systems (Level C)
- Local Area Networks (Level I)
- Games Levels and Environments (Level I)
- Object Oriented Programming - Electrical Engineering (Level I)
- Applied Programming - Games and Music Technology (Level I)
- Software Programming (Level C)
- Business Planning (Level I)
- Computers and Networks (Level C)
- Systems Environments (Level C)
- Business Context (Level C)
- Computer Systems (Level C)
- Human Computer Interaction (Level C)
- FoodSMART (proof of concept) (HEIF 5+1, 01 Aug 2015). Completed
- FoodSmart – Shaping Smarter Consumer Behaviour and Food Choice (EU/Horizon 2020 Rise, 01 Jan 2015). In Progress
- Using Program Slicing to Size Code Change (EPSRC, 31 Mar 2008). Completed
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Presentation of FoodSMART prototype
- Presentation of FoodSMART prototype
- PGCE in Post Compulsory Education and Training (University of Southampton, 2013)
- PhD in Software Engineering (Brunel University, 2010)
- ACM, Member, http://www.acm.org/